UKC

Huge deposit in the moelwyns

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Walton 22 Aug 2014
Meant to mention this earlier. I was climbing with Ms W on Slick in the Moelwyns on Sunday. On the second belay (to the right of the tree belay on Bent) someone had left a MASSIVE Deposit on the stance. It was huge, so big that I couldn't contemplate the idea of belaying or of Ms W having to belay next to it so I linked the second and third pitches as one.

Seriously the owner of this must have known it was coming, I would be struggling to walk with that in me! Could they not have 'gone before they left the ground'? Sadly I did not have a JCB 3CX to hand to remove it from the ledge or I would have done.

Shame on the owner...
 birdie num num 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim Walton:

It was me. I'd had a Vesta curry the night before for my tea and was still peckish so went to McDonalds in Blaenau Ffestiniog and had a happy meal and a Mc Flurry and coke. I had to pull my harness down a bit to get it out.
 bouldery bits 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim Walton:

I assumed this was a mortgage question
 Trangia 23 Aug 2014
In reply to bouldery bits:
> (In reply to Jim Walton)
>
> I assumed this was a mortgage question

My heart leaped, because I assumed it was a statement about early snow....
 sleavesley 23 Aug 2014
In reply to birdie num num:

Almost believable, save the fact that McDonald's is in Caernarfon.
In reply to Jim Walton:

oh shit is what you said, right?
 Brass Nipples 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim Walton:

You could have done a first ascent on it.

Greenbanks 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim Walton:

At least the perpetrator did not have the brass neck to put it in a plastic bag and hang it like some kind of trophy from a rock spike on the stance
Walking the dogs today I have encountered 2 such bags.
How does that particular mind work???
 Dr.S at work 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Greenbanks:

some dog walkers plan to pick them up on the way back, rather than carrying the excrement in their pockets.

I have a cat, and so have no truck with people who bag up their pets shit and leave it around the place - the cats clever enough to sort out this mater for itself.
 Andrew Lodge 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Dr.S at work: Yes, usually in somebody else's garden. That is what makes cats the most disgusting creatures on the planet. I hate them all.
 Co1in H 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Andrew Lodge:

So, more disgusting than horses who s**t on the road as they are ridden along? At least cats cover it up.
Lets not get into this.
 Billhook 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim Walton:

And here;s me thinking there's been gold found in them thar hills!±±
 Dr.S at work 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Co1in H:

TBF as a self appointed expert on animal excrement - herbivore is always preferable to carnivore when it comes to shitty interactions- I actually quite like the smell of cowshit
 THE.WALRUS 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim Walton:

Agreed, it was huge, almost biblical.

I had the dubious privilege of arriving at said belay ledge moments after the offender departed....leaving what can only be described as a behemoth, steaming turd in HER wake, last Friday mid-morning.

Given the size of the monster, I was more than a little bit surprised to observe that it's owner was a rather sheepish looking 20-something female on a PYB rock climbing course. She was the last climber in a group of 3 who were climbing in series, the leader was a PYB guide. She left the beast just before departing the ledge - probably unobserved by the two climbers above her.

She wasn't exactly a big 'un..how she managed to squeeze out a number 2 the size of a cannon ball is beyond me.

She'd probably make a very successful drugs mule.

LeeWood 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Dr.S at work:

dung beetles vote in agreement; dogshit attracts far more attention than sheepshit
 Greenbanks 23 Aug 2014
In reply to THE.WALRUS:

the info you provide should enable even the most witless sleuth to be able to identify the culprit. Surely PYB folk come on here? We know time, date, place. They'll have the (errrm) log-books, giving names of groups out & leaders will have details of individual climbing teams per tutor etc.

French Erick 24 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim Walton:

By the sound of it, she should be applauded for such a feat of human endeavour.It would seem that adrenaline and fear once more gave some gut and clout to a small creature.
 Tim Sparrow 24 Aug 2014
In reply to THE.WALRUS:

Better on the ledge than over the edge. You could have copped a big gun there, no helmet would have saved you.
 THE.WALRUS 24 Aug 2014
In reply to French Erick:

Agreed. I can't really criticise....I spray painted one of the belay ledges on the Pyramide du Tacul a few years ago.

And shat myself half way up Iztachuattl.

Sometimes, you've just got to go.
In reply to Jim Walton:

a good dump never hurt anyone
 Nigel Coe 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim Walton:

This brings to mind a turd I encountered on the belay ledge at Swanage about 30 years ago. Quite apt that the climb was Bottomless Buttress.
In reply to Jim Walton:

Oh god, all this has made for a good giggle.
 Simon Caldwell 26 Aug 2014
In reply to THE.WALRUS:
> last Friday mid-morning.

I assume you mean Friday 15th, as the deposit was there (and highly fragrant) on 16th. So fragrant I can't believe that anybody climbing above could have remained unaware of it!
I wonder why they couldn't at least have done it in the highly vegetated areas either left or right.
Post edited at 12:28

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...