UKC

How good was Dr Who?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil1919 23 Aug 2014
Is it worth a watch on iplayer? Thanks.
 DanMc 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Phil1919:
100% worth a watch. It is very different though, but breathtakingly brilliant
Post edited at 21:21
 The Pylon King 23 Aug 2014
In reply to DanMc:

Yeah its great, i just saw it at the cinema
 climber34neil 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Phil1919:

Sorry but I thought it was utter dross and a complete waste of an hour that I will never get back!!
 Ffion Blethyn 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Phil1919:

I enjoyed it.
A dissapointing lack of swearing, but the new Dr is quite new to it.

SPOLIER ALERT!

Don't like the new windows..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&list=RDdQw4w9WgXcQ#t=5
In reply to Ffion Blethyn:

Unfunny
 DanMc 23 Aug 2014
In reply to climber34neil:

lol each to their own! I loved the new doctor and the story line. I must admit the bits that I do not like are the lizard couple and also the sontaran. I think they are trying to hard with the lesbian couple. The should just be a natural couple rather than every time you see them having a -LOOK, LOOK! We are together!- moment. The sontaran just winds me up. How ever, they were only small bits, and they are not around often so I still love the show.

In reply to Hannah S:
Do you like the new windows?

There seems to be a whole lot more cgi these days, it was sort of nice to see something made out of old milk bottle tops and sticky back plastic; like Dr Who props should be.
Post edited at 22:48
 ewar woowar 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Ffion Blethyn:

Rolled!

swine!
In reply to ewar woowar:

Muahahahaha
 Clarence 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Phil1919:

Not a great plot and still too much emotional bollocks but Capaldi has a great Pertweevian vibe.

If only he would reverse the polarity of the neutron flow instead of doing the touchy feely bit then we might have the makings of a great Doctor.
 digby 24 Aug 2014
In reply to Phil1919:

Well, not very good. Mixed production values and low logic values. I think a dinosaur on the Thames might have attracted slightly more attention than the few extras available. Plot details like the spontaneous combustion fizzled out. It was a bit of a dog's breakfast.

Might watch it again solely for the promised appearance of Michelle Gomez. But then again maybe not if the tedious way-beyond-sell-by-date Daleks reappear
 Duncan Bourne 24 Aug 2014
In reply to digby:

I love Dr Who and I think Capaldi will make a great Dr. However I wholly agree with the lazy logic bit. Dinosaur appearance being a case in point. Without giving much away although dinosaurs were named and in the public eye by the mid-Victorian era T-rex wasn't discovered until 1906 in America so I think London locals might have been more inclined to yell "What the hell is that" rather than the rather limp "Oh look a dinosaur". Which let's face it was there just to give a big bang to the start of the show and little else (except maybe devour the bulk of the cgi budget)
 The Lemming 24 Aug 2014
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

Its not real life.

Its a bit of si-fi entertainment primarily aimed at young minds, and those that refuse to grow up too.
Lusk 24 Aug 2014
In reply to digby:

>But then again maybe not if the tedious way-beyond-sell-by-date Daleks reappear

When a man is tired of The Daleks, he is tired of life!
 Clarence 24 Aug 2014
In reply to Lusk:

I like Daleks but I am getting a bit tired of the gender politics and inter-species lesbianry though...

http://chocolate-ocelot.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/doctor-who-morning-after-sea...

this blog seems to have a similar view.
 timjones 24 Aug 2014
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

> I love Dr Who and I think Capaldi will make a great Dr. However I wholly agree with the lazy logic bit. Dinosaur appearance being a case in point. Without giving much away although dinosaurs were named and in the public eye by the mid-Victorian era T-rex wasn't discovered until 1906 in America so I think London locals might have been more inclined to yell "What the hell is that" rather than the rather limp "Oh look a dinosaur". Which let's face it was there just to give a big bang to the start of the show and little else (except maybe devour the bulk of the cgi budget)

Are you sure that there is any logic in a dinosaur appearing in Victorian London
 Duncan Bourne 24 Aug 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Well obviously but part of the suspension of belief is making stuff believable
 Pyreneenemec 24 Aug 2014
In reply to timjones:

> Are you sure that there is any logic in a dinosaur appearing in Victorian London

Perhaps as much as one appearing in Loch Ness !

Nothing will ever beat 'The Horns of Nemon' !
 d_b 24 Aug 2014
In reply to Clarence:

Clara will always be "quirky smirky pixie" for me from now on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...