UKC

What route is it ? Chee dale the nook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MartinPL 24 Aug 2014
I'v been climbing today on nook down the chee dale, but have a problem to say what route have I climbed. It's not clear in Peak Limestone guide and some of the routes have been rebolted. No 5 in topo is Rock umbrella 7b, first to the left in the book is Santiano. What is between them two ? There are some bolts and the route goes straight up then turn right after four clips to a no hand rest from rock umbrella, then finish at the same point with that 7b. Has anybody know, please ?
In reply to MartinPL:

Sounds like the new route 'Kalymnos 8a' it gets 7a+ I think
 RupertD 25 Aug 2014
In reply to MartinPL:
Based on what I was told by Zippy, Rock Umbrella has no bolts in it and a large amount of rock has come off it making it basically defunct. The route to the right of Santiano in the approximate area of Rock Umbrella is a new route bolted by Zippy.

That is unless there's more bolting been done. Kristian would know for sure.

Kalymnos 8a is a left hand start to Santiano, so its not that.
Post edited at 08:32
 Gary Gibson 25 Aug 2014
In reply to MartinPL: Kalymnos 8a is the original start of A Cure for Arapiles which went left from a good crimp on positive holds into Zippys A Cure for Foot Jams. Kalymnos 8a links this with the finish of Santiano itself now 7a+. Rock Unbrella has fallen apart and not been re climbed. The new route to its left is 7b+
All info at http://www.sportsclimbs.co.uk
 RupertD 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Gary Gibson:

The numbering on the route list accompanying the topo is a bit wonky. Too many 4s, not enough 9s.
 Offwidth 25 Aug 2014
In reply to RupertD:

Can I borrow that for my profile ?
OP MartinPL 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Thanks for all answers, yes it goes exactly like sportclimb site says, have climbed both but despite the grade the left one seemed to be bit harder than the other, propably | was too pumped after few previous routes. Brilliant climbing on The nook btw, thanks for bolting and work on it !
 Gary Gibson 25 Aug 2014
In reply to RupertD: sorted.

kristian Global Crag Moderator 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Gary Gibson:

The RockFax topo is a bit of a muddle.
Marks new 7b+ is called "A Mighty Wind" and the Storm has a lower off. Only the Storm and A Bit of Nooky need re-equipping now. I hope this can get done before seepage arrives.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...