UKC

Boulders/crags Aviemore

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 specticlay 27 Aug 2014
Hi, does anyone out there know of any boulders in the Aviemore/Strathspey area? Thanks
 Sherlock 27 Aug 2014
In reply to specticlay:

There is the Link boulder at the top of the ski road,obvious on the left about 4 mins walk.
The Cuca Boulder in Aviemore is a bit sh!t.
The Ruthven Boulder is excellent slightly further North.
Brin is also very good but best avoided this time of year with midges and vegetation.All these are detailed in John Watson's guide "Bouldering in Scotland."
There is also Laggan,developed by Gaz Marshall,reputedly excellent but I havn't been yet.I think there are topos to here floating around online.
HTH
 Hamfunk 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Sherlock:

Sherlock covered most of it.

There is also some limited bouldering at Duntelchaig, a single boulder at Farr which is worth a visit and Cummingston has many problems on sandstone. Maybe a wee drive though.
OP specticlay 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Sherlock:
Thats awesome thanks!! I am currently in New Zealand and I am moving back into Aviemore in the next few weeks. As the climbing here is on my doorstep just trying to find out what will be around me when I'm home. Huge help guys thanks
Do you fellas know if there is a guidebook for the area?
Post edited at 23:46
 Sherlock 31 Aug 2014
In reply to specticlay:
You'll find much information on John Watson's Stone Country/Bouldering in Scotland website, downloads,clickable maps etc.
There is also a locally produced guidebook from a few years ago Bouldering in Strathspey & surrounding areas that might still be available in the many outdoor shops.If you fail to source this PM me and I'll see what I can do,I might have a copy collecting dust somewhere.And last but not least,there is also info on Lee Anderson's Beta-Guides website.
Post edited at 10:30
 nickb 31 Aug 2014
In reply to Sherlock:
I live near Aviemore and hae been trying to find a local bouldering guide for sometime. would it be possible to post a copy online?
 Sherlock 31 Aug 2014
In reply to kayakmonkey:

Sorry,the guidebook is not my work and I don't want to tread on any toes but I'm sure the shops in Aviemore will have one,seem to remember it cost under a fiver.
Post edited at 11:05

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...