UKC

Update - PET Scan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 30 Aug 2014

Went to Christie Hospital Manchester yesterday for a PET Scan. Whilst there the nurse took a blood sample(apparently routine - I'd fasted for six hours) for blood sugar level. Result 5.

Now keeping my fingers crossed for a good result. The consultant sent me for this scan after seeing the result of my second CT Scan when he said that there was still something showing on my chest. However I've had three more chemos since then and I'm hoping they've done their job. I certainly feel OK at the moment apart from general weakness and lack of strength. Feeling less tired.

To all those who have sent me supportive messages on other threads, a big thank you.
Post edited at 15:17
 Yanis Nayu 30 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Good luck.
 upordown 30 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Best of luck to you, mypyrex. Stay strong and positive. And it's good news you're feeling less tired
In reply to mypyrex:

Top stuff.

Wishing you all the best - remember that good news is good news and make the mental space to enjoy it. You have to ringfence happy and switch off occasionally.

Martin
In reply to mypyrex:

All the best old son.
 elsewhere 30 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
Good luck
ScaredShitless 31 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I know its hard, but try and focus on the day and the now, try not let your mind wonder about the results. Fatigue is par for the course with most chemo. Do not push yourself and remember that chemo hits all your systems. You are in a vulnerable position right now, but the body bounces back quickly once the chemo has finished.

Goodluck.
contrariousjim 31 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

All the best for the results!
 omerta 31 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

All the best for a good result!
 Trangia 31 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Positive thoughts. Good luck.
yamabushi 31 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Positive thoughts x2. I admire your bravery and openness at this difficult time. I wish you and those nearest to you all the v best.
 didntcomelast 31 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
Having watched my wife go through breast cancer and it's treatment I know how much the treatment takes it out of a person, BUT you appear to be a strong willed person with a positive attitude and that means so much. Wishing you the best and with support you will beat the bugger.
 CrushUnit 31 Aug 2014
In reply to maisie:

> Top stuff.

> Wishing you all the best - remember that good news is good news and make the mental space to enjoy it. You have to ringfence happy and switch off occasionally.

> Martin

So true, we need to create bubbles of respite just to survive the difficult times. All the best mypyrex, its a difficult journey whatever the outcome, but it teaches us what is truly important in life.
 Timmd 31 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Even if there's something bad ahead, it mightn't be as bad as worth worrying about, you could be tougher than you know. I hope it's all clear though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...