UKC

hand injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 08 Sep 2014
So running in the woods yesterday I tripped and fell. I landed awkwardly on my hand. My little finger has since been very sore and has pins and needles. There is no swelling, bruising etc, nothing to suggest injury. If it was just sore I'd just take pain killers and not bother, but the pins and needles concern me. Any ideas what it could be? I went down to the minor injuries unit but there was a 90 mins wait, so I decided it couldn't be that bad! But the pins and needles are concerning me, its been nearly 24 hours.
OP girlymonkey 08 Sep 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

Bump
 balmybaldwin 08 Sep 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

If you press on the nail, does blood return quickly when released? If no, then there's a circulation issue.

Otherwiswe I would suspect you've trapped a nerve or something
In reply to girlymonkey:

If it persists it might be worth getting it looked at although it's hard to see what could be done.
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Circulation seems fine. I don't think I've trapped a nerve before, sounds possible! Does it eventually untrap itself?!
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Well that's why I didn't bother waiting at minor injuries, cause what can they do?!
I guess mostly I need to know whether best to use it or rest it!
In reply to girlymonkey:

Generally speaking the advice I've had is 'use cautiously' rather than complete rest is the way to go with most injuries.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...