UKC

Sore Shoulders

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kingjam 08 Sep 2014
So I have upped my training at the gym , a combination of free weights , kettle bell classes and power yoga . I am feeling some general soreness in my shoulders most of the week , I think mainly through latic acid as opposed to anything more serious .

A long time ago I used to take glucosamine sulphate and zinc to help but did this through recommendation rather than understanding why it would make them better , so now I do not know if the effect was real or not .

Can anyone recommend anything dietary that might help .

Thanks
 mrchewy 08 Sep 2014
In reply to kingjam:

Try getting some protein onboard within half hour of finishing training, I find it helps greatly with muscle soreness. A glass of chocolate milk, Mars milk or a protein shake - just something to help the body start to repair all the micro tears etc it will have suffered.
Simos 14 Sep 2014
In reply to kingjam:

Protein should help with recovery, as well as some light stretching etc. If it's lactic acid an alkaline diet is supposed to help.

Doesn't sound like it's lactic though, are you sure it's not the start of an injury? Shoulders are complex joints...
 The Potato 14 Sep 2014
In reply to kingjam:

definately not lactic acid, diet is unlikely to be of much benefit, you have to remember that muscles get stronger during rest periods as they are damaged during workouts causing the soreness. You should ensure that you work different muscle groups on different days to give the others a rest.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...