UKC

PAs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 09 Sep 2014
Are a pair of PA rock climbing foot ware Dating from the late 1960s worth anything from a collectors point of view? one pair new and one pair very good condition.
In reply to Removed Usercerro:

Are they the red and black ones manufactured by Galibier? They were my first rock boots -- and rigid as anything.

Pierre Allain was the first to develop a smooth soled rock boot with a canvas upper - and through the 50's and early 60's PA became the generic name. Galibier - a major French boot manufacturer acquired rights to the PA brand name, however their model lacked the flexibility of the original.

Pierre Allain then collaborated with another manufacturer, and the EB brand was born - retaining the main characteristics of the original PA with a slightly softer and more flexible sole. This became the boot of choice for many years until Boreal turned the market upside down with the first of the 'sticky' soled Fire's.

As to value -- maybe curiosity value -- I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to climb in them if they've been used to more modern footwear!

Removed User 09 Sep 2014
In reply to Removed Usercerro:

Yes I have one pair PAs and one pair EBs, the reason I asked is I put a load of old gear on the Topo forum which is free and got loads of offers mainly for the old slings with chocks dating from 1964 but the cost of sending it all to the usa was to expensive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...