UKC

Any Renault mechanics or car wiring experts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 13 Sep 2014
The indicators failed on my Mk3 Clio this morning, and after a bit of investigating it looks like the problem is down to loose contacts. The 10 way wiring harness that connects the indicator stalk to the wiper stalk has some loose wires, or more precisely 3 of the wires have broken. All 10 wires are red and I don't really want to have 9 attempts at guessing the correct combination in case I short something!

I've had a google but failed miserably to find a good wiring diagram, any help much appreciated as I need to drive home tomorrow evening and I don't think non-functional lights will go down well with the local constabulary!
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Even for Renault this is random, it's pretty impossible to diagnose without looking at it as how can anyone tell you which red wire to connect, a wiring diagram would be useless as well. Do the cables lay in a way that you can see where they were connected, other than that you'd need at the very least a trial by error/ light function connection method and some spare fuses for if you short anything out.
OP Reach>Talent 13 Sep 2014
In reply to The Mystery Toad:

I have both ends of the wiring loom and was hoping to get "connect left indicator ground to X" etc. I've decided to throw caution to the wind and as Pins 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 all seem to map to their corresponding position on the opposite end of the loom I'm going to gamble that 3, 6 and 9 follow the same pattern A quick bit of contact cleaning and then I'm going to reassemble it, so if you see "Man dies in inexplicable French car catastrophe" in the news tomorrow then you'll know I got it wrong!
OP Reach>Talent 13 Sep 2014

Smashing, all fixed! Now I just need to pay someone with tiny hands to change the headlight bulb
I sympathise, when I got rid of my Clio, it had 2 or 3 dead headlight bulbs rattling around inside it as they fall down somewhere inaccessible and I gave up trying to fish them out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...