UKC

Carreg Y Saeth

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jim jones 18 Sep 2014
Anyone climbed on Carreg Y Saeth in recent times? I quite fancy a re-visit, I've climbed there once before in 2003 and remember it as being worth going back to. I've checked logbooks but no one seems to have logged anything enlightening.
 Fiend 18 Sep 2014
In reply to jim jones:

Just say when.........!
OP jim jones 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Fiend:

Recently?
 Sy Finch 18 Sep 2014
In reply to jim jones:

I was there the other day. Didn't climb, was just an impromptu visit late in the afternoon. First time I have I seen it. Wow, great crag and lines Very keen to go back to climb, hopefully next week. I should be getting up there tommorow actually on my own to check a crag for the guidebook and shunt a few lines. Was thinking of stopping by at the distraction bluff to solo a few of the routes.
As I said, I should be going there next week to climb on the maion crag. Can't wait. When you thinking of going there?

Sy.
 Fiend 18 Sep 2014
In reply to jim jones:

Not been at all but am keen to for sure.
 Sy Finch 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Fiend:

I've seen you know of Dave Williams. It was who I was with the other day and should be climbing there with soon doing work for the guidebook.
Looking forward to doing Haf Bach Mihangel. Last pitch (6a) of Seithenyn looks stupendous and outrageous. Keen to give that a go. Koh-i-Noor looks every bit worth its ***. Probably bit of a beast, but a classic looking line if ever there was one. In fact all the lines look very worthwhile of all grades.
 Rick Sewards 18 Sep 2014
In reply to jim jones:

I climbed there 5 years ago, in 2009. Did Haf Bach Mihangel (the first two thirds weren't that fabulous but the final section was fairly spectacular from memory) and seconded what I think was probably the second ascent of Maes B, about which I can remember very little, apart from it being a bit vegetated but still onsightable. Impressive place - Ozymandias looked very good

Rick
OP jim jones 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Sy Finch:
Sunday hopefully Sy, I did Ebill Bob and Ymryson y Geifr that time. Koh I Noor looks stunning and my mate really fancies it. Thanks for all the replies; considering what a brilliant crag it is it's not climbed on as much as it deserves.
Post edited at 21:44
 Sy Finch 19 Sep 2014
In reply to jim jones:

Hope you have a good day Sunday there. If you do Koh-i-Noor, would like to know how you found it.
 Rick Sewards 19 Sep 2014
In reply to Sy Finch/all:

If anyone needs a partner for Carreg y Saeth (or anywhere else in the area) on Sunday let me know (leading E1-ish at the moment, happy to second anything)

Cheers
Rick
 Sy Finch 19 Sep 2014
In reply to Rick Sewards:

Would love too, bit working this weekend. Can only do tuesday next week.
 Sy Finch 19 Sep 2014
In reply to Rick Sewards:

Yes Rick, Ozymandias looks a fantastic route. Definitely on the cards that one.
 The Pylon King 19 Sep 2014
In reply to Sy Finch:

I will be up again soon so well keen to get up there.
Doug Kerr 19 Sep 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:

Plenty of parking space then Mark?
 The Pylon King 19 Sep 2014
In reply to Doug Kerr:

> Plenty of parking space then Mark?

You have completely lost me there!!
 The Pylon King 20 Sep 2014
In reply to Doug Kerr:

You got me again!!!
Doug Kerr 20 Sep 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:

You must be getting old!
 pauldrew 22 Sep 2014
In reply to jim jones:

Went to Carreg Y Saeth on Sunday - beautiful weather and great outlook from the crag.

Did Haf Bach Mihangel (E1) and Maes B (VS) - both good routes with some really nice rock but somewhat overgrown in places, particularly Maes B. Crag doesn't look to get much traffic and walk-in bit of a bush-whack as well but dry so avoided wet feet.

Real shame - would be an excellent location if it got climbed on more and was a clean crag.
 The Pylon King 22 Sep 2014
In reply to pauldrew:
> (In reply to jim jones)

> Real shame - would be an excellent location if it got climbed on more and was a clean crag.

Probably more likely when the new guide comes out with lovely colour topos and inspiring action pics.
OP jim jones 22 Sep 2014
In reply to pauldrew:

Well done Paul, sorry we couldn't join you; I was overruled! Fried at Tremadog instead.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...