UKC

Skye Wall repeated

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Lates 21 Sep 2014
Just got it on the grapevine that Skye Wall (E7/8 6b/c) has had a 2nd ascent. Details sketchy but Charlie Woodburn is the name I got and believe it was the team's 3rd attempt.
Dave Birkett did the first ascent back in 2007 and I've heard tale of Tim Emmet amongst others who have had a look but presumably unsuccessful.
Fine effort folks; hope you've got some good footage? Look forward to hearing any feedback & any other routes you did.
 Adam Lincoln 21 Sep 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

Was Charlie, yes.
pasbury 22 Sep 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

Amazing looking wall. Is there anything else on it? I imagine Birkett didn't go for the easiest line on the crag.
 Mark Collins 22 Sep 2014
In reply to pasbury:

I'm sure he mentioned a great looking E4 on there at some point, which he may even have gone back and done. The SMC journal might help in that respect.
 Michael Gordon 22 Sep 2014
In reply to pasbury:

There are a few others but not on that part of the crag. Birkett went back for a *** E5 corner; there is also a *** E2 there (all in the new Skye guide).
 Dave 88 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

Sounds awesome. I can't wait to read the ukc breaking news story on this....in 6 weeks time.
 FactorXXX 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Dave 88:

Sounds awesome. I can't wait to read the ukc breaking news story on this....in 6 weeks time.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69184
 Adam Lincoln 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Dave 88:

> Sounds awesome. I can't wait to read the ukc breaking news story on this....in 6 weeks time.

Egg on face! Report was already up when you posted...
 Dave 88 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Blatantly back-dated the news report to spite me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...