UKC

Hitler condemns bouldering video - where is it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt Amos 25 Sep 2014
I wanted to find this video but the video isn't available on YouTube., it was here youtube.com/watch?v=G8RE-WAsjX0& Anyone know where I can find it?
Cheers
 David Alcock 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Matt Amos:

Thanks for the laugh.
In reply to Matt Amos:

That is sodding genius. 'There's only one reason to squat down behind a boulder and we all know what that is'.

Best durchfalling take yet.

Martin
In reply to Matt Amos:

The trouble is, this modern classic movie clip has been overdubbed already over the last six or seven years about twenty times before, and mostly funnier than this.
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

I'm going to come right out and say it, Gordon: this is funny. It's tight, well-scripted and only slightly marred by typos.

Perhaps it's just you?

Martin
In reply to maisie:

Yes, the script is very funny, but it makes no attempt whatever to be a possible or even plausible translation of the original German dialogue - which other versions have done quite brilliantly. This is just so random, and out of sync, that it's quite embarrassing. Yes, the script is funny.
OP Matt Amos 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Matt Amos:

I remember there was a really good one about bolting aswell. Anyone know where that can be found? Cheers guys
Lusk 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Matt Amos:

the kinder downfall one is genius!!!
In reply to Lusk: youtube.com/watch?v=amsm61u_P7M&

This is the Chew Valley one...rather marvellous!

Lusk 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Good stuff!
How's he going to manage on the Sickbay Shuffle with them shakes though?
 aln 26 Sep 2014

What's your favourite version?
In reply to aln:

> What's your favourite version?

Frankly, I've seen so many, I've no idea. The first one I ever saw was definitely the funniest, but perhaps because it was the first.
In reply to aln:

The one about Newcastle getting relegated. Absolute genius.
 sbc_10 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

There's one about a re-arranged Christmas night out in Hartlepool.
It's not kind to the place or the locals, especially the fact they have got him a monkey suit as fancy dress. Funny though.
<not work safe I hasten to add>
 KellyKettle 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Matt Amos:

In the nicest possible way, I hate you all!

Upon discovering this thread at about 11pm, I watched a couple of the parodies (Kinder Downfall is the best IMO) before deciding to re-watch Downfall... It's a looooooong old film.
 Rampikino 26 Sep 2014

This.

For me it's been done to death (a bit like Adolf really), and every time I see that opening I just groan. Funny script in a lame setting ruins a funny script for me.
 Dan Arkle 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Matt Amos:

Here's mine. I was especially pleased with the double pun in the title
youtube.com/watch?v=zGq-3TlswZs&
 Chris Harris 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Matt Amos:

As the creator of the bouldering video in question, I found this thread quite interesting.

Gordon - I agree to a degree with your statement that it could be better edited/synched to the original, but I hardly think that merits the degree of negativity you feel about it.

Considering I did it off the top of my head, in one take, and pissed, one night when I got in from the pub, I don't think it came out too badly.
 ericinbristol 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Chris Harris:

I liked it a lot, great fun. The fact that some people don't doesn't matter. I couldn't care less that there are a bunch of other spoofs based on that film clip.

So thanks Chris
 ericinbristol 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Yes, smart title. And informative too!
In reply to Chris Harris:

It's not negativity, it's just that there have been other spoofs of this (now famous) scene that have been done much better.
In reply to ericinbristol:

Learning whilst smiling, the best way.
 Tricky Dicky 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Pepper:

Nothing to do with climbing but Hitler in a rally car is my favourite:

youtube.com/watch?v=qC6lZ4u8YmY&
 Rob Exile Ward 26 Sep 2014

Crikey Gordon, when you're in a hole stop digging.

'that have been done much better.'

In your opinion...
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Of course, it's just my opinion, but shared, it seems, by quite a few here.
 henwardian 26 Sep 2014

> The trouble is, this modern classic movie clip has been overdubbed already over the last six or seven years about twenty times before, and mostly funnier than this.

This.
And it's been a LOT more than 20 times.
 Sean Kelly 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Matt Amos:

Kids! This is just brilliant. A teacher asks the class for Hitler's first name. A pupil puts up his hand and answers 'Heil'

> Of course, it's just my opinion, but shared, it seems, by quite a few here.

At that point in time, a total of one other. The veneer has worn thin, Gordon; you may need to raise the occasional worthwhile argument, or at least advance an elegant critique once in a while. This stuff is low-rent.

Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...