UKC

Climb Inn - Rjukan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jimhall 01 Oct 2014
I was just wondering if anyone knows what has happened to the climb inn's web page? I am trying to book another week there in Feb, but I can't find any way of doing it. Is it still open?

James
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

According to Sherri who handles the Rockfax accommodation advertising, they have closed.

Chris
In reply to Chris Craggs:

That's a massive shame if so. I had an absolutely fantastic stay there in Feb last year. Lovely building, great atmosphere, and thats where i discovered brunost

They ran the ice park too, is that no more?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 Oct 2014
In reply to Double Knee Bar:

Don't know, all we got was a one liner saying they had closed down,

Chris
OP jimhall 02 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

That's really bad! It was such an amazing place. I was so busy when we stayed. Can't believe it has closed. I guess we will have to look elsewhere.
 EspenK 02 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

Hi

There's another climbing hostel in Rjukan called the old school house. They have a facebook page with contact details.

Not as fancy as Climb Inn, you have to bring your own food etc but cozy and they do have a sauna. If Climb in is a Cappuchino then the the old school house would be a black coffee.
 wbo 02 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall: There are possibilities for renting a hytte I suppose. You'll need to look at the website finn.no, go to eiendom and look for 'feriehus til leie'
http://www.finn.no/r/feriehus-hytteutleie/

OP jimhall 03 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

Cheers for all the replies. The best thing about the Climb Inn was that you could have all your meals included. Which was fantastic not to have to cook after a day of climbing, and the price of food in Rjukan is ridiculous!
In reply to jimhall:

Yeah i was glad i took a bottle of scotch from duty free. £7 for a can of lager from supermarket if i remember correctly.

We opted for self catering as all inclusive looked expensive at Climb Inn. After going supermarket there tho, we realised all inclusive would probably have been more economically viable.
 MrRiley 06 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

The strategy we've employed in recent years is to go self-catering at Rjukan Hytteby http://rjukan-hytteby.no/en and to stop off at a large supermarket near the airport on the drive over to stock up. We go for five days, with five people and I doubt we've spent more than £100 per person on food for three meals a day. We do fill every available space in our luggage with snacks however. I reckon this is pretty good value!
 neilwiltshire 06 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

+1 for the Rjukan Hytteby. Economically viable with room to sleep 5 (or 6 if someone's on the sofa). Very clean, comfortable and warm!
 Mr. Lee 06 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

Just as a note of warning, it's been a really sunny and dry this spring and summer away from the coast. Very little rain. Might mean less ice than normal, although it could rain throughout Autumn of course. Been heavy rain towards the coast though...
 ro8x 06 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

Another vote for Rjukan Hytteby, stayed there twice and found it to be comfortable and warm, which is just what you want after a day on the ice!
 payney1973 12 Oct 2014
In reply to jimhall:

the old skool house although not fancy, has been awesome on both my stays!!! the owner Jacob is a friendly bloke too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...