UKC

Japanese speaker, anyone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nwclimber 02 Oct 2014
My daughter is to be married in December. As father of the bride I am expected to give a speech. Obviously I am going to include a few words of welcome to the guests. Two of her fiance's guests are Japanese and will be flying from Japan to join us. I believe their command of English may be limited and I would like to include a welcome in Japanese, given the efforts they will have made to be present. Something along the lines of 'I'd particularly like to extend a very warm welcome to Mr & Mrs H' - you know the sort of thing.

If anyone thinks they could help in any way (no, not google translate or babbelfish!), I'd be very grateful.
 Postmanpat 02 Oct 2014
In reply to nwclimber:

Send us a mail with an English version of what you'd like to say. My wife is Japanese so I'm sure I can sort something out (wouldn't trust my own Japanese!)
OP nwclimber 02 Oct 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Wow, thanks a million Pat-san! I wasn't expecting such a quick response so I went out (climbing), had something to eat, logged on and here's your fantastic offer.
I'll e-mail you tomorrow, if that's O.K.
Thanks again (especially to your wife).
 Postmanpat 03 Oct 2014
In reply to nwclimber:

Happy to help.
 krikoman 03 Oct 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Is it true it goes the other way?
In reply to nwclimber:

Along with Pat's offer, my daughter speaks Japanese, though not as a native speaker, I'm sure she could oblige, (but Pat's offer is a grand one.)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...