UKC

core workout

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CHarrison 10 Oct 2014
Hi,

I'm just looking for a few examples of a core workout routeen that people do at home. I have recently started doing some simple crunches and pushups as a pulse raiser before fingerboard sessions and am wanting to continue but prefer to try and follow a set list of exercises

Cheers
In reply to SomeClimbingGuy:

Ab Ripper X is my preferred workout - I can be done at home easily as well.

I do this between 2 and 4 times a week - done properly and the results speak for themselves.
after the first few sessions you'll be in real pain - its intense and a good all rounder.

Finding the original video online is tricky - most videos are of people copying his routine - the actual video with Tony Horton in is much easier to follow.

M
 fire_munki 10 Oct 2014
In reply to MGC:

Do you have a link?
In reply to fire_munki:

Unfortunately I'm at work and as such cannot access certain sites -
I'd have to check for links when I'm home.

As I said the only links I can find at the moment are of people copying this routine.

I'll post a link to the actual video if I can find it.

M

fire_munki 10 Oct 2014

Cheers!
 sxrxg 10 Oct 2014

Do you just want a strong core so you have a 6 pack or are you after a stronger core to get better at climbing? From my experience if it is the later i would sack off sit ups and other exercises not using the full chain of the core. I now do all my core training on a bar/fingerboard (leg raises, L hangs, front levers, wind screen wipers, jumping feet onto a chair placed way behind the fingerboard) or make sure that the exercises utilize the arms and shoulders i.e. dips with feet on a exercise ball, pressups (again can be done with feet on exercise ball to decrease stability). I find that these exercises transfer more directly to climbing where you are trying to transfer weight between your hands, arms, shoulders, core, legs, feet.
In reply to fire_munki:

Here's the link to an ripper x workout
vimeo.com/100376502

Enjoy

M

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...