UKC

Who exercises/does physio while brushing teeth?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sharp 16 Oct 2014
I thought I was alone till i read the ankle strengthening thread...
 luke glaister 16 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

Guilty your honour. .. I stand on 1 leg at a time. I was told to strengthen my core for a recurring lower back injury. Not saying it's a miracle routine but not had it since.... 13 months.
Luke.
 KlaasW 16 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

Obviously! I have brushed my teeth standing on one leg (or toes) for ages. Surely everybody showers on one leg as well?!
In reply to Sharp:
I do and not just brushing teeth. Showering, waiting for the kettle to boil, watching tv, etc. So much easier combining physio with other activities when you have to do it.
 red.stiletto 16 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:
Me too! One leg squats for me
 omerta 16 Oct 2014
In reply to red.stiletto:

Ditto - single legged squats for me, too! Plus calf raises
 Roberttaylor 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

I have a big walk in shower, a wet room kind of thing. I recently installed a bench and weight bar in there so I can do deadlifts/bench as I shower.

R
 omerta 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Roberttaylor:

You are Patrick Bateman and I claim my five quid
 upordown 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

Not while cleaning my teeth, but I stand on an angled board when washing up to stretch the backs of my legs. It was recommended by a podiatrist.
 Marek 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

Hamstring stretching on the window sill for me. It's a bit higher than ideal, so lack of concentration can result in dribbling and falling over.
 Stig 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Marek:

I read that as "hamster stretching"...
 kathrync 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

Yep - while cleaning teeth, washing up, cooking, generally while doing any of those necessary household tasks.

Not in the shower though - mine is a bit slippery!

When I worked in a lab I had a corner bench and I used to do dips and leg raises in the corner while waiting for things to be done - sadly I have a computer-based job now so I can't do that any more
 Marek 17 Oct 2014
In reply to kathrync:

> ... sadly I have a computer-based job now so I can't do that any more

Which begs the question: What climbing-related exercises can/do you do while at a computer-based desk job? Bonus points if you can type/mouse at the same time. I have managed ITB stretching (right foot on left knee).

goldmember 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Luxury, shear luxury!
 nniff 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

one legged tooth-brushing and shaving. At this time of year, donning a full set of dog-walking clothes in the dark, one-legged, which seems to carry a risk of acquiring a more serious injury than the one I'm looking after...
 nufkin 18 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

I do my pelvic floor whilst waiting for the bus
notaclue 30 Oct 2014
In reply to luke glaister:

> Guilty your honour. .. I stand on 1 leg at a time. I was told to strengthen my core for a recurring lower back injury. Not saying it's a miracle routine but not had it since.... 13 months.

> Luke.

Luke

Can you expand a bit on this - do you just stand on one leg? I have lower back pain and would be interested to know what you do

iksander 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Sharp:

Yep, one leg raises and calf raises. Brushing my teeth is just about the only routine thing I do, so makes sense to tag it on.
 luke glaister 30 Oct 2014
In reply to notaclue:

Hi there. I stand on one leg at a time and roll on to the tip toes. Also with free leg I hold out to the side/s front and back. And change the body angle to make it harder. At first it's hard enough to stand on 1 leg. But u get better with time. And the teeth get a longer brush... win win.
Luke.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...