UKC

Cant stay logged in.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Run_Ross_Run 22 Oct 2014
Since the new ukc update I am no longer logged in permanently even though the 'remember me' box it ticked. If I close the page without logging out next time I visit I have to login again. Didn't have to do this pre face lift.
Anyone else have problems?
Tablet and pc are fine.

Samsung mob on Android rum 'n' raison or whatever it's called.
 mypyrex 23 Oct 2014
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

> Since the new ukc update I am no longer logged in permanently even though the 'remember me' box it ticked. If I close the page without logging out next time I visit I have to login again. Didn't have to do this pre face lift.

Ditto.
An "improvement" for the worse.
 Mr-Cowdrey 23 Oct 2014

I'm having the same issue on Samsung S5. It's not too annoying but I'd prefer it ito did leave me logged in.
 The Lemming 23 Oct 2014

No probs from me on:

Work computer
Win 7 computer
3 Android devices, Jelly-bean and Ice-cream Sandwich custom ROM.

You must be really lucky.
 ThunderCat 23 Oct 2014

Yup, happens to me on my home PC (Using Chrome). I have to log in each time I've closed down and reopened the browser.

Username and password are pre-populated though, but the "remember me" box is unticked.

I've only just done a clean re-install of the system, so all settings are at 'default'.

All other websites seem to remember me ok though. Odd.

Work PC is fine. (also on chome)

I have the same problem on all platforms; PCs, Hudl, iPad2. I noted it on the big 'new forum' thread.

Seem to have to log in at least once per day.

I originally thought it was a development hitch, as revisions of the forum were rolled out, or that it was an issue with validity of multiple logins across different platforms; I recall that the previous forums logged you out of all access portals if you logged out of one. But it sounds like it's affecting people at random, and not necessarily only those who use multiple access devices.

I'll use to report abuse button to flag the thread to the mods, so they're aware of the problem.

We are aware of the problem. Unfortunately we can't reproduce it on any of our machines which stay nicely logged in as expected.

For iPad users, have you enabled Passwords and AutoFill in Settings?
Settings > Safari > Passwords and Autofill > Names and Passwords needs turning on on the next screen

There may be other similar settings in other tablets that need tweaking.

Paul is away on holiday this week, but we will look at trying to get to the bottom of this properly next week.

Alan
 skog 23 Oct 2014

This happens to me on my Nexus 4, running up to date Chrome on Android 4.4.4; it doesn't seem to happen in Firefox on either of the Windows 7 PCs I use.

I've just tested it using Chrome on this Windows 7 PC, and it does log me out when I close Chrome.

So, a Chrome problem for me. I'm logged in as my Google user account in Chrome in both cases, too.
 Simon Caldwell 23 Oct 2014
In reply to skog:

I've not had this problem and I also use Chrome on Windows 7.
 FactorXXX 23 Oct 2014

Try this: -

Don't enter your details into the 'Log In' boxes which are available via hovering over the 'Log In' button.

Instead: Click on the 'Log In' button and enter your details into the new page.

Lusk 23 Oct 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:
Cheers!!!
That works!

Tick the 'Keep me logged-in on this computer box'

PC running Opera 25.0, Windows 7 Ultimate.
Post edited at 14:33
 FactorXXX 23 Oct 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

Don't enter your details into the 'Log In' boxes which are available via hovering over the 'Log In' button.
Instead: Click on the 'Log In' button and enter your details into the new page.

Should have said, this appears to be the case on IE11/Windows 7 Home Premium and Chrome/Windows 7 Professional.
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Thanks Alan.

> For iPad users, have you enabled Passwords and AutoFill in Settings?

That seems to be to do with auto-completion of entry boxes. That's not the problem for me. I'm quite happy that it won't auto-complete. I type my username and password (and never let any browser remember my passwords), and tick the 'remember me' button. I can log in, and I stay logged in for a while. But when I come back, I'm dumped out again. Doesn't matter whether I use the drop-down boxes, or the full-fat login page.

This doesn't happen on any other forums that have persistent logins. Most use a cookie of some kind, and UKC certainly used to use cookies.

Oh, that's a point; I need to go and check that I've enabled cookies... I'm sure I must have, as other, cookie-based persistent logins are persistent, but... [checked: 'accept cookies' enabled]

It obviously only does it for 'troublemakers'...
 ThunderCat 26 Oct 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Try this: -

> Don't enter your details into the 'Log In' boxes which are available via hovering over the 'Log In' button.

> Instead: Click on the 'Log In' button and enter your details into the new page.

Yeah, this has solved it for me as well. I'd previously been hovering over 'LOGIN' and completing the details in the pop up box (and ticking 'remember me')

I've now clicked on LOGIN instead, filled in the subsequent screen, and now I'm staying logged in.

Cheers for that.
 Queenie 26 Oct 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

Great, thanks for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...