UKC

Looking for climbing partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
AmericanGirl28 26 Oct 2014

Hiya,

I've been bouldering for several years, and have gotten into lead over the past couple of months. I can boulder up to 7a, have led up to that grade a couple of times. Next year, I have a couple of big trips coming up, so I would like to train for consistently climbing 7s by April'15. I'm looking for a climbing partner with similar abilities and goals, who is able to meet up a couple to three times a week. I'm always up for a bit of chatting and climbing, so please don't hesitate to contact me.
 deacondeacon 26 Oct 2014
In reply to AmericanGirl28:

Hi, it might be worth saying where you're based or what wall you tend to climb at
AmericanGirl28 19 Nov 2014

Ha! That shows how busy life has been outside of climbing

Based in London. Regularly climb at the Biscuit, Castle, and White Spider. Always up for Mile End or Westway.
 Ingaldo86 20 Nov 2014

Hey,

Sounds good!

I climb regularly at the castle and my climbing partners are a bit erratic... I've just got my car back on the road after a long absence from driving so hoping at the next earliest opportunity (and good weather) to head to down to Portland for some sport. I have a 60m rope and QD's. Also would be happy to meet and lead at the castle any weekend, as i'll usually climb there both Saturday and Sunday if i'm in London. Week nights are more difficult for me due to work.

I have been climbing for about 3 years and have spent a lot of time around the 6b/6c grade. Really want to start leading 7's but finger injuries seem to keep setting me back. Though these seem to only happen and get aggravated by bouldering so would prefer to stick to sport for a while.

Let me know if you'd like to lead at the castle this weekend!
07568 088620

cheers
Chris

morganator 22 Nov 2014

Hi there,

I'm down in London visiting my Dad who is in hospital. I'm Sheffield based and climb similar grades to you. I'm planning on going to Westway at 1230pm today and am keen to do routes. Does that work for you? I am on 07809 762667. Call or text is prob better as I'll be visiting the hospital this morning and the 3G is rubbish in there (and so is my phone!)

Cheers,

Jon
 timmeh81 25 Nov 2014
In reply to Ingaldo86 & AmericanGirl2

I’m always on the lookout for new people to climb with when my regular partners are away/injured/ being lazy. Looking to push my leading into the 7s currently and reduce my bouldering for the sake of my poor fingers.

I’m free this weekend either day for a climb. I can't seem to send messages through UKC so if either of you would like to meet for a climb feel free to get in touch: timmeh81@yahoo.com /07896 298 912

Cheers,
Tim

sihills 25 Nov 2014

climb at mile end every Thursday evening ~(mainly bouldering) and goto the reach every Tuesday to lead if that's any good for you?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...