UKC

Is this laptop alright for my needs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
0Unknown0 31 Oct 2014

Dell Latitude D610

It is very cheap.
I need to surf the net, stream movies, send emails and possibly download photos, and it will be travelling in my pack, could be warm/humid.

I know I ask you guys some odd random things but you are the best option for a wide range of opinion and experience, so...................................................................
Post edited at 09:23
Rigid Raider 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Dominicandave:

I had a Dell Latitude and it was slow, unreliable and kept overheating. Then I had a VAIO, which was a little better. Got a HP Spectre XT now and it's been 100% reliable for the first two years. I would not recommend a Dell Latitude.
JMGLondon 31 Oct 2014

Tablet? I use my iPad for all of those things...laptop for work only. Much better for travelling with as well.
Removed User 31 Oct 2014

No, don't buy Dell or HP. Get a cheap Toshiba Satellite or Fujitsu Lifebook, or something from Asus.
 Womble 31 Oct 2014

Would definitely suggest a tablet for this. You dont seem to be doing 'real work' on it (e.g. heavy word processing).

Tablets are best for streaming films, internet and sending the odd email (you can get useful keyboard attachements). And obviously win on the small & light front. What about the hulu ones by tescos. If you are after something cheap for the stuff above - they work!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...