UKC

Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo crash

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LeeWood 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Denni:

I wonder if it will be as easy to sell one-way tickets ?
Pan Ron 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Denni:

Not good. I was on a course this April with one of the test pilots of this SS2. Ex USMC F-4/F-18 pilot, Top Gun graduate, ex instructor for NASA astronauts on shuttle approaches. Has flown just about every aircraft under the sun (SR-71, U2, etc etc etc.). Done it all, seen it all, yet down to earth top bloke.

So far not getting any response from him, and as he was the commander on these flights, if he was on board, it sounds like he's seriously injured .
 LeeWood 01 Nov 2014
In reply to David Martin:

Doesn't matter how experienced the guy is of course - if the systems he's dependent are faulty. IMHO space tourism has got to be a loser anyway - I can't think of a more indulgent luxury to blow money on.
 Duncan Bourne 01 Nov 2014
In reply to Denni:

Very sad
Pan Ron 01 Nov 2014
In reply to LeeWood:

I would agree to a point. But Scaled Composites is doing some very interesting work, re-designing the space programme using a commercial base. These and other companies, in offering trips for celebs, will possibly lead explorative space travel in the future.
In reply to Dennis:

Rip x

Maybe, they'll send Bono up next!
 LeeWood 01 Nov 2014
In reply to David Martin:

(3rd hand reporting)

In a R4 interview ... the interviewee appeared to be implying that Virgin knew of and ignored the risks and that the crash was "inevitable; the pilot also shared this view.

How bizarre - a story worth following!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...