UKC

My Graphs - Bouldering Grades

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JayK 04 Nov 2014

Is it possible to amalgamate the two different bouldering grades into an overall total at each grade?

For example at the moment I have to add together the V8 and 7B to work out how many of the grade I've done. Is it possible to just total the two grades together like is done for the yearly averages and max grades.

The reason this is a bit of a pain is because the pyramids are often strange looking depending on whether you've climbed a lot of a certain grade in areas with different grading.

On another logbook related question. What are the chances of getting a grade spread per year. It would be great for data analysis and I for one love my spreadsheets!
Post edited at 13:35
 Beardyman 04 Nov 2014
In reply to JimmyKay:

Comes back to the much debated issue of which grading system to use... I'm all in favor of all Font grades throughout this site.
OP JayK 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Beardyman:

I'm not sure it does though, because the average grade takes both into account. Crags can still use whatever grade, but it would be good to have an overall tally of V8/7B's etc. Rather than having a tally of V8's and 7B's.
 deacondeacon 04 Nov 2014
In reply to JimmyKay:

> Rather than having a tally of V8's and 7B's.

7B or 7B+ though

Oli 04 Nov 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:
V8+ for 7B+...
Post edited at 18:36
 deacondeacon 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Oli:
Exactly lol, gonna cause havoc with that neat graph.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...