UKC

Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Kelly 14 Nov 2014
Well what do folks think about this laptop (Microsoft Surface Pro 3)? It gets some good ratings and all my current software is Windows biased so I'm not that keen to change format. A little confusing that the price doesn't contain a keyboard and there are different versions etc. Any advice would help me make up my mind as my current Sony Vaio is showing it's age.
 Seocan 14 Nov 2014
In reply to Sean Kelly:

i have a surface and it drives me up the wall. I thought it was what I wanted, and it is, but has the worst of windows 'helpful' features enabled and you can't switch them off. The browsing isnt great either. Closing a page and reopening is quicker than going back or changing your search. I wouldnt bûy one again.
 BnB 14 Nov 2014
In reply to Sean Kelly:

I have a surface 1 and have used it daily for 18 months both as my tablet and as a portable device that I can take into work, plug into a large screen, hook up to a keyboard and then work away, faster than the desktop PCs all around me. The 3 is going to be even faster and with double the battery life. At home, on a train, on holiday I can manage on the small screen with the clip-on keyboard cover, although I have a proper laptop in my home office for screen heavy tasks.

Any complaints you'll hear about Surface are really complaints about Windows 8, which I quite like actually but I understand why some don't.

Don't buy one without a keyboard cover and I highly recommend getting a (cheap £60ish) big fixed screen to plug it into for complex spreadsheets, desktop publishing etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...