UKC

Carrot clarinet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 28 Nov 2014
Incase you are looking for something to do with your long winter evenings, here's some inspiration!
youtube.com/watch?v=BISrGwN-yH4&
 AdrianC 28 Nov 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

That's fantastic!! I play the bassoon and am wondering what sort of vegetable would be a suitable start-point for one of those. Ideas anyone?
OP girlymonkey 28 Nov 2014
In reply to AdrianC:

It's amazing, eh?!
Hhm, bassoon could be quite a challenge. Giant leek?!
 climber34neil 28 Nov 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

Check out the London vegetable orchestra
www.londonvegetableorchestra.com/
In reply to girlymonkey:

Rhubarb is the answer but you have to live in the Yorkshire rhubarb triangle to grow stuff big enough to qualify.
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

of course, rhubarb would be the answer. I am intruiged by the Yorkshire rhubarb triangle though! When I lived in Glasgow, we had monster rhubarb at the back of our garden
 aln 28 Nov 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

>When I lived in Glasgow, we had monster rhubarb at the back of our garden

Where was that? There used to be the rhubarb fields on either side of the Hogganfield Loch end of Royston Road, all housing now. Though from your profile pic you look to young to remember that.
 LeeWood 28 Nov 2014
In reply to AdrianC:

u need a cucurbita moshata var Tromboncino d'Albenga

My largest grew to 1m50
 AdrianC 28 Nov 2014
In reply to LeeWood:

1.5m is certainly impressive although a short google search suggests the shape might not lend itself too well to becoming a bassoon. I mean we're not talking 12 mm drill bits here - it'd be a chainsaw job. Rhubarb is my favourite suggestion so far (my father suggested a parsnip but then he's an organist so what would he know?) and all good things come from Yorkshire.
In reply to aln:

I lived at the top of Bearsden road. Our garden backed onto a railway embankment which was over grown with nettles and rhubarb!! Apparently the nitrates (I think I have remembered that right) from the nettles made the rhubarb grow well, it was properly giant.
 aln 28 Nov 2014
In reply to girlymonkey

Aye OK. Definitely rhubarb and not-

http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/not-rhubarb
In reply to aln:

no no, genuine rhubarb. I don't like the stuff, but some of my friends had many rhubarb crumbles in the time I lived there, they loved it
Removed User 29 Nov 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

This is interesting,

youtube.com/watch?v=sHy9FOblt7Y&

though not, i grant you, nearly as entertaining.
abseil 29 Nov 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

> Incase you are looking for something to do with your long winter evenings...

Thanks for that - they're certainly long. Anyway you might get the prize for the best thread title of the year, nice one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...