UKC

Numb fingers - driving in cold weather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 11 Dec 2014

Ive had this for a few years but its getting worse im sure, its usually the middle finger on my left hand, sometimes the right. The finger goes white and then numb, and lasts for about 20 minutes after Ive left the car. The car is warm and i wear a jacket / gloves.

Im 31, not got diabetes, not got carpal tunnel syndrome, mostly confused.
What would cause this or any suggestions for cures?
Post edited at 18:56
 blackcat 11 Dec 2014
In reply to ow arm: Look up raynauds phenomenon.

OP The Potato 11 Dec 2014
In reply to blackcat:
yeah ive explored that in the past but theres no cure as such and its generally advice like dont smoke, dont drink caffeine, keep warm, wear gloves etc.

Oh yeah and it also causes super painful 'hot aches' when cycling or climbing in colder weather, but only some times. very random.
Post edited at 19:03
 blackcat 11 Dec 2014
In reply to ow arm: Yeh i suffer from it from time to time, but dont stop me climbing, ive used numatic rills and hammers for years and can be a symptom of vibration white finger.

davy_boy 11 Dec 2014
In reply to ow arm:

im 30 and suffer from the first stages of white finger through use of vibrating tools.
this leads to random cold fingers some days but mostly at work these can take up to a few hours to feel warm again even once i have came indoors or the cars warmed up. i now wear thicker gloves than i used to and this seems to help.
 Dave Garnett 11 Dec 2014
In reply to davy_boy:
> (In reply to ow arm)
>
> im 30 and suffer from the first stages of white finger through use of vibrating tools.

So, perhaps get the wheels balanced?
OP The Potato 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Dave Garnett:

tis as smooth a ride as can be on B roads

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...