UKC

What are your winter plans for this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Freddie 1 11 Dec 2014
Given that we've had a decent dump of snow blown all around the hills in Scotland and SAIS is open for business again this year, what are your plans?

I'm thinking of heading into Glen Clova for a look on Saturday.

Keen to know what other people's plans are....
 Paul Kinnaird 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:

Spoke to the matradee booked the whole of cairngorm to myself.

Should be a fair bit of snow in clova now judging by how it was when I drove past this morning
 aldo56 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Paul Kinnaird:

Looks like she's double booked us.....
OP Freddie 1 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Paul Kinnaird:
Every SAIS area report gives cause for serious thought. Careful route selection required....
 davy_boy 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:

was in at the hutchison hut yesterday a lot of windblown snow in lee areas was up to my neck in one drift on the path out from hutchison. slab building on some areas cant see much being in safe climbing condition with the continued winds. might go skiing instead if the weather calms down a touch.
 Joak 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:

No firm plans, one thing for sure, I will defo be oot and aboot. Final destination will be decided on the Saturday morning drive along the A85/A82. Probably something "Ridgy," anywhere from Ballachulish southwards. I think "Winter" will more than compensate for his sluggish late arrival. Welcome back ya auld rascal
In reply to Freddie 1:

I'll be cursing/wading/scratching about somewhere behind Cruachan
Tim Chappell 12 Dec 2014
In reply to tallpaulselfridge:

I thought I might have a look at Kinder Downfall.

... What?

malky_c 12 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:

Train to Strathcarron, cycle to (then walk up) some small hills in the vicinity, then back to the Strathcarron hotel for a quick pint before home, all being well.

The amount of unconsolidated snow around doesn't really inspire me to go anywhere too high.
In reply to Tim Chappell:

Should be pretty fat. It's been in for months
aultguish 12 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:

Think we'll just be having a wee toddle over a couple of the Glencoe Munros......and probably give half my wages to the Clachaig too
 peebles boy 12 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:

Early start and an exploratory romp round the winter crags of Swatte Fell near Moffat.

Bet none of you saw that one coming did you.....!
OP Freddie 1 12 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:

Just jumping in the car to head north now. Car park sleep and then out early doors in Glen Clova.
 Simon Yearsley 13 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1:
A wee note of caution from Thursday i the Laggan area... still lots of fresh unconsolidated stuff around deposited on v strong winds. Care on lee slopes. https://www.facebook.com/simon.yearsley.5/posts/935592513125111?pnref=story
 blackcat 13 Dec 2014
In reply to Freddie 1: I think next weekend will be better, going by the forecasts ive read.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...