UKC

Corrie Fee/ Glen Clova

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tlbno1 20 Dec 2014
Hi folks, anyone know if Corrie Fee etc has caught any snow recently (trying to think as far east as possible for the weekend - if you can stand up!)
Cheers
Tim
 Andy Nisbet 20 Dec 2014
In reply to tlbno1:

Always worth a go, but west facing cliffs are much more likely to be frozen (and in the wind).
 euanw 20 Dec 2014
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Martin Holland has been out in Glen Clova today climbing 'silver threads among the gold'. There is a report on the climbnow.co.uk blog.
 hwackerhage 20 Dec 2014
In reply to euanw:

Great to see that silver threads among the gold has been climbed. I've done it three times now and always enjoyed it. Surprised there was an issue with the head wall. It is decent gear and great climbing and if the rest goes then there should be no problem with the headwall. It is easier than it looks. Btw it makes a great combination with the III,4 gully on the left and a soup & pint in the Clova hotel.
 Wilf2 21 Dec 2014
In reply to hwackerhage:

Henning, I had a look at your photos of the head wall afterwards to check and it looks very different. I got to where your photo shows you moving left, but the wall was plastered in about 40cm of snow that had been through a thaw/freeze, but wasn't firm enough to weight bear. The turf wasn't visible until near the top of the wall. The snow was thicker than I'd expected on a steep wall, wouldn't have held my weight and would have been very time consuming to clear, so I opted for a traverse right from that point for about 15m until I could get to some well frozen turf blobs. Good route, definitely worth a star or two.

Cheers,

Wilf.
 IM 21 Dec 2014
In reply to hwackerhage:
I put up 6 pics from the day on UKC. Great route!
Post edited at 21:29
 hwackerhage 21 Dec 2014
In reply to Wilf2: Wilf, in any case, well done. The route is a great discovery by Simon. Great for a quick adventure...

dek 22 Dec 2014
In reply to mac fae stirling:

> I put up 6 pics from the day on UKC. Great route!

Excellent atmospheric photies Mac!...(is there a topo of where the route goes, somewhere?)
 Wilf2 22 Dec 2014
In reply to dek:
Dek, I've put a topo of the route up on the climbnow.co.uk blog. It seems we finished up Pearls Before Swine (the original route is shown in red and our variations from Saturday in blue).

Cheers,

Wilf.
Post edited at 07:34
 dek 22 Dec 2014
In reply to Wilf2:

Thanks very much Wilf, I'll have another look at your blog site!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...