UKC

Joe Cocker gone....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andyathome 22 Dec 2014
Another one gone!

Not a big fan of his later career but 'With a Little Help From My Friends' was pretty damn resonant in my youth.

Mad Dogs And Englishmen anyone@?
andyathome 22 Dec 2014
In reply to andyathome:

The man from Sheffield in his pomp

youtube.com/watch?v=3xJWxPE8G2c&
 Al Evans 22 Dec 2014
In reply to andyathome:

Saw Joe loads of times in Sheffield pubs and clubs, I think I was even there at the first public performance of WALHFMF. Also he lived on the next road to my mum and dad and fitted our gasfire. A sad loss
In reply to andyathome:

Thanks for putting this up. Joe Cocker was a fantastic singer and performer. I saw him back around then (with Mad Dogs and Englishmen) and then about 20 years later. I had forgotten, before that second occasion, just how powerful his voice was.
andyathome 22 Dec 2014
In reply to John Stainforth:

He truly was a powerful voice: he was a big part of the background to me becoming a climber
 Rich W Parker 22 Dec 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Wow. Genuinely.
 Postmanpat 22 Dec 2014
In reply to andyathome:

It's one of my regrets in life that I wasn't there when a bloke wandered up to some mates of mine in a bar in Tokyo and asked "Are you from England?…. I'm just visiting.…. Can I buy you lads a pint?"
He was with a few friends.
My mates asked where he was from, "I'm Joe.I'm from Sheffield". At which point the penny dropped, His "friends" were his roadies and a long night was enjoyed by all.

Great bloke apparently and obviously a musical legend.
 Hat Dude 23 Dec 2014
In reply to andyathome:

> The man from Sheffield in his pomp

Truly one of the most iconic rock performances
 Al Evans 23 Dec 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

> Wow. Genuinely.

All definite and genuine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...