UKC

Good news

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goose299 29 Dec 2014
Don't really count myself as a key ukc'er but have been a bit more of a poster than usual so just wanted to let you all know, going to have a wee break from ukc

My daughter was born a few days and is, of course, taking all my time but wow, I love fatherhood. Thinking my climbing is going to take a nosedive though.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a better new year, no matter what you're doing.
 Bobling 29 Dec 2014
In reply to goose299:

Congrats and yes you are right about the climbing taking a nosedive. Get some routes in now as I found as mine got bigger getting out got harder!
 upordown 29 Dec 2014
In reply to goose299:

Congratulations
 Alyson 30 Dec 2014
In reply to goose299:

Congratulations! Yes, being a parent is fantastic. Sod climbing, have a wonderful time being dizzyingly in love with a tiny person instead. The rock isn't going anywhere
 BusyLizzie 30 Dec 2014
In reply to goose299:

Congratulations and have a wonderful time! Wishing you peaceful nights!
L
In reply to goose299:

Fantastic news: congratulations to you both. You're also entering a whole new world of kit (hint: spotty otter down suits are available cheaply on eBay, or are permanently on discount sale somewhere).

I recommend the macpac kiddie carriers - expensive, but worth it. First trip out with my then-ginormous six-month old, we did nine miles comfortably.

Oh, and don't be afraid to buy second hand......

Martin
abseil 30 Dec 2014
In reply to maisie:

> ...Oh, and don't be afraid to buy second hand......

Best advice ever. I've observed many parents buying all new for a first child, then all second hand for second and subsequent kids if any.

Congratulations, goose299, wishing all of you the best of health.
 marsbar 30 Dec 2014
In reply to goose299:

Have fun. A couple more years and she will be climbing on the furniture.
 LastBoyScout 30 Dec 2014
In reply to maisie:

> Oh, and don't be afraid to buy second hand......

Try telling that to my wife

Congratulations Goose - we've just had baby's first Christmas and first birthday coming up soon
mgco3 30 Dec 2014
In reply to goose299:

Congratulations. Enjoy every minute of fatherhood. It all seems to go downhill when they reach their teens when they have boyfriends (or as I refer to my daughters boyfriends, "no hope losers"!)
OP goose299 30 Dec 2014
In reply to goose299:

Thanks to all for the advice and well wishes.
And she's not allowed a boyfriend, no lad will be good enough!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...