UKC

Jools Holland New Year's Eve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 01 Jan 2015
Don't know if anybody caught this show, but it was spectacular in every sence of the word. And a revelation to me for improving my knowledge who actually wrote and sung some of the finest songs of my life.

Everybody was at the top of their game with Paulo and Joss taking the top spots, especially for carrying the baton for down right dirty soul sounding music.

If I had to make one criticism of the show, then it would be Jools floor-walking with his fake chats with celebs and their pre-prepared jokes. Bit lame.
 The Pylon King 01 Jan 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Should have had Sleaford Mods on.
 Chris H 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Pylon King Against Capit@lism:

The SMs would have quite rightly thought that JH and all his guests were a load of cnts
 Yanis Nayu 01 Jan 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

It would have been better without Ellie Goulding - if Paulo Nutini and Paloma Faith had her slots it would have been better.

It would have also been better if Jules stuck to playing the piano.

The Queen concert with Adam Lambert before the awesome firework display in London was just brilliant.
OP The Lemming 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Malcolm Tucker's Sweary Aunt:

I do agree with you about Ellie being shoehorned into the show just because she's riding high in the pop-o-sphere. She was probably the only one out of place in the whole night, however when allowed to sing a soul song, she did jolly well.

Got to say that I found Paloma a bit tedious with trying to play up to the camera while off screen and in the background
 The Pylon King 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Chris H:

> The SMs would have quite rightly thought that JH and all his guests were a load of cnts

Correct!!
 aln 01 Jan 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

I thought it was possibly the worst Hootenanny he's done. Just....dull.
In reply to The Lemming:

One critcism I'd like to make is that Paloma Faith was miming.
OP The Lemming 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Sebastian Fontleroy:

I don't think any of the musicians were miming. At least I hope not.
In reply to The Lemming:

She was definitely miming. The whole thing is pre-recorded too.

Pre-recorded yes and widely known to be but I've never heard of (or seen evidence) to suggest anyone mimes on JH.
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Would you know evidence when you saw it? Watch Paloma Faith's lips on Ready For The Good Life on the above mentioned show.
Inconclusive on YouTube.
You can get strange lip sync issues with digital tech though
Post edited at 13:21

Well, luckily I watched it on the TV firstly and noticed it. A few of my fellow musician friends thought the same. Do you know anything about music and performing on stage?

Do you know anything about phrasing questions in a polite way in a civil conversation?
 graeme jackson 15 Jan 2015
> (In reply to Sebastian Fontleroy)
>
> Do you know anything about phrasing questions in a polite way in a civil conversation?

It's taken you quite some time to come back with your witty riposte. Been away?

She wasn't miming by the way - from someone who has spent time performing on stage
And I'll agree with aln that this was possibly the dullest hootenany yet. Wilco was dire which was quite a disappointment. Norman watt-roy must have been pissed as his timing was quite spectacularly off.

I thought I was being polite. I have spoken to you before on this forum, and unfortunately you do come across as a tosser.

So the answer is no then.
In reply to graeme jackson:

> It's taken you quite some time to come back with your witty riposte. Been away?

> She wasn't miming by the way - from someone who has spent time performing on stage

For some reason there was no notification of a reply...
Nice to have it confirmed by an expert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...