UKC

Whats left?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jas wood 01 Jan 2015
Has anyone clamped eyes on the Ben to see how much snow is left in the higher corries? if it gets cold at weekend thinking gullies might be pukka :O)
In reply to jas wood:

Chucking it down in Fort William today and it was pretty wet yesterday too. Going to scout out what's left tomorrow I think - fingers crossed!

David
OP jas wood 01 Jan 2015
In reply to David Kirsfelds:

Cheers, would be very surprised if anything is left on buttresses but gullies could be cracking if it re-freezes soon.
In reply to jas wood:

Attempted Green Gully today, the ice was hollow with water running down the back and pretty cruddy too. I got bombarded by a spindrift avalanche for about 10 minutes - lots of frozen rain coming down. Made it to the first belay and backed off.

David
 chris smith 03 Jan 2015
Done golden oldy on Aonach Mor and there was food ice forming fast, lots of the stuff about about with a good deal of neve up above 1000m, gullys looked very promising, will be in good nic in a few days tho were climbable at present just a little thin in places.

KA 03 Jan 2015
In reply to jas wood:

I was out today on Ben Nevis, and things are looking good, despite the thaw. Plenty to go at, and the ice climbs are building nicely.

http://www.applemountaineering.co.uk/2015/01/03/pleasant-day-no-2-gully-ben...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...