UKC

Sharp ankle pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 11 Jan 2015
Anyone had something similar to this: over the last few weeks been having sudden pain in front of ankle joint. It comes suddenly without warning, and is extremely painful - feels like I've been given a sudden electric shock, followed by having a hot poker applied to the area. It last for about 10 seconds, then goes and my ankle is fine. Have been having this about once a day until today, when I've 7 so far.

Obviously need to see a doctor since it appears getting worse, but wondered if anyone has had anything similar.
 Ander 11 Jan 2015
In reply to Willi Crater:

Yes, caused by the muscle that goes down the side of my lower leg. Calf level, quite deep, by the shin on the outside of the leg.
 Morty 11 Jan 2015

I had a similar pain. After an MRI it was diagnosed as footballer's ankle. I had keyhole surgery to correct it.
 3 Names 11 Jan 2015

I wouldn't worry about it mate, just sounds like a broken leg, these things have a way of healing themselves

hth
Andy Gamisou 12 Jan 2015
In reply to Ander:

Sounds different to mine.
Andy Gamisou 12 Jan 2015
In reply to Morty:

How often did you get the pain?
 koalapie 19 Jan 2015

Unless there is an obvious history/injury to the ankle then doctor for x-ray and blood tests it is. Otherwise you could start at the physio, if it doesn't settle with adjusting whatever you changed just prior to the onset of symptoms, apart from turning 50!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...