UKC

Relaible source of camera batteries?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oujmik 14 Jan 2015
I want to buy a second battery for my Nikon D3200. In the past I've just bough generic batteries from Amazon, but my experience with this has been mixed - some have been fine others have been dodgy and I'm in no doubt that Amazon is full of fakes and scammers (I tried twice to buy the camera through Amazon and both times the seller just took the money and ran, Amazon refunded of course... in the end I went to PC world!). The amount of fakes in the market means that even if I buy a "Nikon" one I've got no guarantee of it being good (unless I go to Jessops or somewhere and pay full price).

Whatever I do, I feel like I'm being ripped off... pay £40 for a branded battery from a high street retailer? shop around for the same battery for £30 and wind up buying a fake? or buy a no-name one of £10 and risk it being crap?

I suppose I could buy a cheap one then test it somehow and send it back if it's sub standard... anyone got reliable source for such things without shelling out £40?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 14 Jan 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

I have been getting mine from Duracell - duracelldirect.co.uk - should be reliable?

£30 for one for a D3200,

Chris
 mills1983 14 Jan 2015
In reply to Chris Craggs:

I've always had great success with www.7dayshop.com
 Fraser 14 Jan 2015
In reply to mills1983:

> I've always had great success with www.7dayshop.com

That's where I got a 3rd party one for my D5000. You don't get the 'running short of charge' warning you do with the Nikon version, but it's fine and holds its charge just as well.
 nathan79 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

XPro batteries available on Amazon seem to be decent bang for your buck.

I've got them as spares for both my compact and bridge cameras. Perform very similar to manufacturer ones.
 Robert Durran 15 Jan 2015
In reply to nathan79:

> XPro batteries available on Amazon seem to be decent bang for your buck.

I've been very happy with various batteries (and other stuff like chargers) from ExPro.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...