UKC

Snakes & ladders ( and tunnels ?) location ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SambucaHughes 18 Jan 2015
Hey guys ,

Just wondering if anyone has done the snakes ladders and tunnels route recently ?? Iv seen a few people post blogs about it but none have actually detailed where it is located so I can't find it !

Thanks for your help everyone !
In reply to SambucaHughes:

it's in Dinorwic quarry, llanberis.
 AlanLittle 18 Jan 2015

It's fully described in the the excellent Slate guidebook from Ground Up.
 Alex Riley 18 Jan 2015

I did it two or so weeks ago, there is a description as mentioned above in the guidebook.

This also gives you a good idea of what's involved. http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=137559
 Chris Sansum 19 Jan 2015
In reply to AlanLittle:

> It's fully described in the the excellent Slate guidebook from Ground Up.

I thought it was a very sketchy description in the slate guidebook - the online descriptions are far better (although the one I printed off had one very misleading description which had us hunting around for a hidden cave for about an hour in the wrong place - I think it has been revised since then!).
Removed User 19 Jan 2015

http://snakesandladdersandtunnels.blogspot.co.uk/

That's about as good as it gets, you can youtube some videos as well. Just don't get lost looking for the tunnel of love to get you into Tasmania after you've climbed the snake and dropped back into the Dali's hole area. Make sure you do it without torches as well, no tick if you use a torch!
 ellpeecee 19 Jan 2015
In reply to Removed User:
The whole point of the vaugue description of the tunnel of love means that there is a greater sense of achievement when you find it.
A heads up tho, I did it yesterday and the lost world is now a tricky boulder field which can be rather lose in places. Shame really as it used to be a rather interesting place with the hut and jungle river crossing.
Post edited at 14:08
Removed User 19 Jan 2015
In reply to lewk_c:

Indeed! And it's a great surprise the first time! Though I worry that many will find it and then think it's unpassable anymore due to the state of the entrance.

Can you still climb up the sloping rockfall opposite the descent ladders into lost world? It lead up to one of the old tunnels which you could walk all the way through to get to the next area. Pitons all over the place on the way up the rockfall.
 ellpeecee 19 Jan 2015
In reply to Removed User:
You might be able to but I didnt venture that far over to be honest. It still looked rather unstable and the snow and ice added to the adventure.
I did take some pictures (abiet naff ones) which I'll upload later for all to see
OP SambucaHughes 20 Jan 2015
Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...