UKC

Tipsy Laird Kingussie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan_S 27 Jan 2015
Does anyone know if the Tipsy Laird in Kingussie has closed?

There's a group of us heading up in March, and our organiser can't get hold of anyone to confirm booking etc. Theres a post on tripadvisor saying it was shut.....

Cheers for any info
 Flinticus 27 Jan 2015
In reply to Dan_S:

Its closed. I emailed them last week and got a response saying they were closed. I passed the premises in Kingussie and it looked out of business.

There's a good hostel / bunkhouse in Newtonmore.
OP Dan_S 27 Jan 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Hmmm... We'd paid a fairly large deposit too....
 d_b 27 Jan 2015
In reply to Dan_S:
I'm supposed to be staying there at the end of Feb. Fortunately they didn't take a deposit for the online booking.

Are they actually closed down, or just on holiday?
Post edited at 12:44
 Flinticus 27 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

This is the auto-reply I got from them:

Thank you for your enquiry, the Tipsy Laird (Spey Highland Ltd) is closed for business. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

The Tipsy Laird
68 High Street
Kingussie
PH21 1LW
www.thetipsylaird.com

I had no response to my earlier phone calls. Their website doesn't say that it closes for winter and, frankly, you wouldn't expect such a business to close in winter anyway.

On walking past the premises, it looked like a business recently ceased. However, you could always try contacting visitcairngorms.com
 d_b 27 Jan 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

I agree that doesn't sound promising. I will try to contact them, then see about organising a plan B.
 d_b 03 Feb 2015
In reply to Dan_S:

Well, they have gone from not answering the phone to phone disconnected. Time to book somewhere else.

I hope you get your deposit back.
OP Dan_S 03 Feb 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

I managed to establish it's owned by Punch taverns, and having contacted them discovered ithas new tenants (if that's the right term). They should be honoring our booking, so fingers crossed it'll all work out!
 d_b 03 Feb 2015
In reply to Dan_S:

Good news. Would you be able to email me any info about the people you talked to? My booking is a bit closer and I'm about to go away for a week so I would like to try and get hold of them.
OP Dan_S 04 Feb 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

I just contacted Punch Taverns and they investigated for me.
Their number is 01283 501999

Good luck!
Tipsy Laird 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Dan_S:
Hi we have just taken over the Tipsy Laird, Kingussie as of Weds this week. The bar will be reopening on Tuesday the 10th of Feb. with the bunkhouse available from Monday the 16th .

Bookings can be made by calling on 07741243668 at the moment (the landline has not been connected as of yet)

John & Helen MacKenzie
Post edited at 22:47
Tipsy Laird 12 Feb 2015
In reply to Dan_S:

Telephone line is now active again 01540 661334

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...