UKC

Easy Winter Lines, Coniston

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BigLob 02 Feb 2015
Im heading up to Coniston this coming weekend and Im wondering if anyone knows of any easy gullies to play in? Ive done a quick search and Low Water Beck comes up but was wondering if there was anything else. Not really interested in big lines, just something to play in with a couple of beginners.
 climber34neil 02 Feb 2015
In reply to BigLob:

I think if you walk along to levers water along boulder valley then head up little how crags you should fi d something around there or carry on to swirl how and there is plenty of stuff around there to
 ebdon 02 Feb 2015
In reply to BigLob:
Dow has some easy gullies. The n face of the old man is also good for a laugh if the snow cover is ok
 ebdon 02 Feb 2015
In reply to BigLob:
Dow has some easy gullies. The n face of the old man is also good for a laugh if the snow cover is ok
 Martin Hore 02 Feb 2015
In reply to BigLob:

Many years ago I had a great day soloing up and down a couple of grade 1 gullies on the east side of Wetherlam. No guide-book - just look and go. It was nearly 40 years ago though so I don't have accurate memories. I do remember perfect snow conditions though, and glorious weather.

Martin
 Iain Thow 02 Feb 2015
In reply to BigLob:

North Gully above Low Water is a nice grade I, with other slightly harder routes to the right. There's another easy gully on the right side of Raven Tor above Levers Water, and several either side of Hen Crag on Wetherlam, some quite atmospheric. If you start with the Hen Crag routes you can easily move on to incorporate all these in a cracking day out.
Have fun,
Iain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...