UKC

The 'head game' in sport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ben_Megson 04 Feb 2015
Hi everyone!

On of my areas of deep interest is peoples mental states when they participate in sports and how this can impact on the level of performance. I am looking at starting up a company that focuses on eliminating negative states and building positive ones to achieve the full potential and top performance possible for individuals in sport. In particular outdoor activities such as rock climbing, mountaineering and water sports as I feel mental state plays a larger role in these types of sports.

If you take part in any sports and have a minute I would appreciate you taking the time to fill out this survey for me. I'm doing market research for my new business opportunity I'm hoping to step into and your information would be very valuable to me. If you could pass it onto friends, families and colleagues too it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance for your support!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XZPRTV3
Donnie 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Ben_Megson:

I worry about this kind of a thing. It does more than just affect how people perform at their sport. You end up with tw*ts full of positive thinking buzzwords. See, a lot of rugby players these days.

Mal Grey 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Ben_Megson:

Done, but I doubt you're going to learn much from that.

AlisonSmiles 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Ben_Megson:

I think it's mostly something people don't know they can benefit from until they are presented with it eye ball to eye ball. I don't think it's something people seek out unless it's in their face.
 DancingOnRock 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Ben_Megson:

Done.

I am very aware of how my performance is affected by everyday stress. My best performances are when I 'don't have a care in the world'.

My worst when I have pressures at work and home. Sometimes the mental part completely overrides any physical strength I have.
 wbo 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Ben_Megson: I've paid for the services of a sports psychologist in the past and for many people would recommend others to do so. I was competing in running at that time, but can easily see a lot of applications for climbing, particularly in how to achieve high performance states in stressful situations. I know Ueli Steck has extensivey used these services.

The survey is fine BUT you have two problems - a lot of people don't see the point (see Donny above) though I bet a very high % of climbers would benefit. Also, it then makes estimating how much people would pay difficult.

I enjoyed it and found it very useful so good luck

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...