UKC

Local climbs/boulders

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
5teve 07 Feb 2015

Hi, is their any good local climbing areas around Buckshaw village, Chorley? Quite new to the area and haven't climbed for a while now, save rivington I don't know of anywhere

Cheers,

Steve
Post edited at 12:07
In reply to 5teve:

Hi pal, you are not far from Healey Den, near White Coppice. It is in the Lancashire Bouldering guidebook, a few are going tomorrow.

Tim
5teve 07 Feb 2015
In reply to Timothy Greenhalgh:

Cheers Tim, ill check it out, does anyone ever head up snowdon or the Lake District from time to time?
 Cake 07 Feb 2015
In reply to 5teve:

Sorry, I'm afraid not. No one on this site ever goes to North Wales or the Lake District.
 Mick Ward 07 Feb 2015
In reply to Cake:

Naughty.

Mick
5teve 08 Feb 2015
In reply to Cake:

Sorry I lll rephrase;

Does anyone near to where I live often go climbing in the aforementioned areas who would be ok with me tagging along?

Thanks for pointing out the subjectiveness of the statement Cake.

Steve
 wilkie14c 08 Feb 2015
In reply to 5teve:

Check out Lancashire caving and climbing club, they have weekend and summer evening meets locally and have always been happy to have tag-alongs. They also have indoor meets at Preston wall during the darker months and are a good bunch of guys/gals.
Climbing wise your local crags are quarried grit - Anglezarke, Denham, Wilton and bouldering at Brownstones.
 robin mueller 08 Feb 2015
In reply to wilkie14c:

Actually quite a few nice spots around chorley. Healey nab, stronstrey bank, Denham, stanworth, brownstones, the Wiltons, cadshaw all offer some good bouldering, and most of these have routes as well. Further north you've got all the bowland gritstone, and longridge. Lots to do. All in the lancashire bouldering guidebook, as Tim says. Or lancashire rock if you want routes, but a new one should be on it's way next year.
5teve 08 Feb 2015
In reply to 5teve:

Cheers guys, will take a look now!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...