UKC

finger pop tingle but no pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ingaldo86 07 Feb 2015
I know there is lots of discussion on finger injuries and management but still interested on peoples opinion on my situation. Unfortunately I can't afford to go to a physio at the moment.

Climbing today indoors and I heard and felt a pop in my left ring finger while trying a move. I stopped got off the wall and felt a tingle which was kind of like 'pins and needles' along my ring finger and palm. This lasted only about 10-30 seconds.

There was no pain at all- just the feeling and sound of a pop, and the tingle. I rested a bit considering to stop my session altogether but still not really any pain so I carried on but took it quite easy during the rest of my session. I still managed to climb reasonably well getting near on a few v5s- being my upper bouldering level. Nothing too crimpy.

Now few hours later no pain still as such but it doesn't feel 100%.

So really I wonder - is it ok to carry on climbing even though something happened? Has anyone experienced finger pops which are not injuries at all and which it is ok to ignore or just be a bit weary off.

I've injured pullies before and it doesn't seem to be that - no bowstringing - no pain on the base or when pressing the finger- maybe just a little numbness. If there is no pain despite the pop - would you carry on climbing as usual?

Thanks
 Cake 07 Feb 2015
In reply to Ingaldo86:
I did something like that on my fingerboard when I first got it. I went easy on it for a week or two, but continued bouldering at a slightly lower level. It was good as new in three weeks. It was concerning though. This was 5 months ago, so I'm pretty sure it really is fine.
Post edited at 19:53

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...