UKC

Stolen gear notification

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Caralynh 10 Feb 2015
Hi all, just on the off chance anyone if offered any climbing gear for sale, or sees any advertised cheap, especially in the Midlands area, Jez and I had our (double padlocked and alarmed) gear shed broken into first 2 weeks ago then again last night despite having increased security.

The following kit taken:
100m static ab line
Blue 50m single rope
Green 30m wall rope
Berghaus Xtreme 80L expedition sack (red)
Osprey mutant 38 (red)
BD Sabretooth crampons (brand new)
DMM Aiguille crampons (battered)
DMM Fly axe and hammer (old style)
DMM Raptor axe
DMM Venom axe and hammer
Troll Hawk axe
Salomon SM Lite boots (ancient and battered)
Boreal Super Latok B3 boots size 6
Crate of assorted old climbing hardware

Insurance paid out for first theft (boots and one sack), but not likely to pay for the rest.
The ropes are NOT safe for climbing now, being old and only in the shed for storage. Our current ropes aren't kept in the shed, nor is our usual winter or summer rack.
Most upset about my Boreal boots, crampons and our axes though.

Not expecting to see things again, but thought I'd post on the off chance.
Cheers xC

Trangia 10 Feb 2015
In reply to Caralynh:

Hope you get it back and the lousy bar stewards get caught.
OP Caralynh 10 Feb 2015
In reply to Trangia:

Thanks. Police reckon probably junkies from Coventry area. Neighbours' sheds also broken into. We're pretty rural and remote so definitely targetted not opportunistic. Luckily (?) we don't need to replace all the winter stuff immediately since I'm grounded for the season on account of the little one.
Hope the buggers target the other neighbour next so they can see what the wrong end of a shotgun feels like!
 JimboWizbo 10 Feb 2015
In reply to Caralynh:

Where was this?

I live in Coventry and my shed isn't exactly fort knox. Although, my climbing stuff generally lives in the conservatory.

I'll keep an eye out
OP Caralynh 10 Feb 2015
In reply to JimboWizbo:

Jimbo, we live out in the sticks near Honiley, so not in the city. I would say check your security, but seeing as a 6ft gate with combination lock, and then 2 heavy locks and an alarm on the shed couldn't stop them, I'm not sure there's any point!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...