UKC

OI NEWS: Three Wise Monkeys Climbing are Crowdfunding

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 12 Feb 2015
Three Wise Monkeys Climbing, 3 kbOur aim: to launch an indoor climbing centre in Fort William in the Scottish Highlands, so locals and visitors can climb through the rain.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=7053
3WiseMonkeysClimbingFortWilliam 12 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Thanks for the posting UKC folk! We'll check back here fairly regularly throughout the campaign so if anyone wants to ask any questions we'll answer them here

Cheers,
Oliver
In reply to UKC Gear:
Have made a pledge, it is pretty bonkers that the "outdoor capital of the UK" doesn't have a decent wall, I have spent many a season there, when the weather and conditions are good, it is the best place to be in the world, when it is dark and lashing it down it really is a pretty grim place to be as a climber. Many a session was spent on the old bencrete wall and there was a good local scene , I was totally gobsmacked by the lack of forward thinking by the local council in closing this, the Fort really needs a climbing facility.
Post edited at 15:40
3WiseMonkeysClimbingFortWilliam 12 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Thanks Fergal! Safe to say I agree with you, it was after spending 7 days in a tent in Glen Nevis that the spark was set!
3WiseMonkeysClimbingFortWilliam 13 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Just passed 10%
 Harry Ellis 14 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Pledged my bit, get involved UKC.
The Fort often gets done down on these forums, heres your chance to show it some love and get something back, chalkbag, chalk and brush for £20 seems alright value.
Good luck Monkeys, all we need now is for some one to reopen the cinema, stop it raining, kill the midges and we're sorted!
 La_Vie_En_Rose 15 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Have made my pledge too! Ollie has invested a lot of time, energy and money into this project and he's an awesome guy, so every keen climber who can afford to give a few quid should really try to help his cause. I think it'll be a fantastic addition to Fort William's town centre and great for the local economy too
3WiseMonkeysClimbingFortWilliam 16 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Thanks for the kind words (and pledges)
In reply to UKC Gear:

Now passed 20%, so going well but still a long way off! There are now some more rewards added so if nothing took your fancy before take another look now!

www.crowdfunder.co.uk/three-wise-monkeys-climbing
In reply to UKC Gear:

Just passed 25%! Anyone that's looked and considered pledging - what do you think of the rewards? if there's something missing we're able to add things.
 Pummelzacken 07 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

They have made it to an incredible £31441 and there are only 4 days left to reach the needed £40000! Looks like it might be a goer - pledge if you haven't done so yet....!!
In reply to UKC Gear:

only £5674 to go! A load of new rewards added too!
 Jack Frost 08 Mar 2015
In reply to 65m moderate millington:

I pledged what I deem a considerable amount in support of this project. I am unlikely to ever use the wall but FW deserves the opportunity and I wanted to help the cause. I was an early member of Alien Rock in 1994 when it was in similar stage of development and it is still going strong.

So come on UKC, get your wallets and purses out.
 Dave MacLeod 08 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Great to see 500 people back the climbing wall project. Just shows that climbers can come together to help themselves and an area. I just hope enough people keep clicking through and contributing in the remaining two days so it all pays off and we get the climbing centre. I'm going to go back on and pledge a bit more myself (I fancy one of the new rewards added, which helps). Even if all the existing backers spared an extra tenner, it would get there. Thats not even what you'd waste in fuel money getting rained off from the central belt. Come on everyone, please do help!!
 leon 1 09 Mar 2015
To bump this thread up again
Only £2800 needed now. Come on people Fort William really does need a climbing wall.
Just giving £10 could make all the difference.

McBirdy 09 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Nearly there - at 94% now! But just 2 days left!!! If you sometimes visit the Highlands on holiday, or for winter climbing, or whatever, please dip into your pockets! Fort William needs a wall!

Just £10 could make all the difference!

Here's the link: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/three-wise-monkeys-climbing

Please help!!!
 Pummelzacken 09 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

They have done it!!! 40k smashed!! Fort William is getting a wall!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...