UKC

grivel g22

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber34neil 12 Feb 2015
Anyone use them, are they any good?
 Jamie Hageman 13 Feb 2015
In reply to climber34neil:

Just started using a pair and yes, they are lovely! Not got a lot to compare with though, as they replaced my 13 year old Mountain Tech Ice Vipers, which did well, but were rather heavy and blunt as I now realise.
I got a price-matched deal in Go Outdoors, so they worked out at about £110. Not the cheapest bit of gear I've bought, but I don't work in an outdoor shop anymore
OP climber34neil 13 Feb 2015
In reply to Jamie Hageman:

Did you get the cramp o matic bindings as I could only see the toe basket version on their website?

I got the plastic toe cradle version (whatever they call it) as that suits me fine and guarantees a good fit on all my winter boots. Out with them again today and can't fault them.
Cheers, Jamie

Sounds great, do you think they are just as secure as the full step in type?

They are a perfectly solid fit once the heel clip is engaged. I liked the look of the G20 monos, but they don't fit big boots like mine (11.5). The Dart/Dartwin was another option.

Yeah, I used darts last winter hut found they had some issues in Scotland, I have g20 at the moment which are great but could do with a new pair so was considering other options. Thanks for your thoughts on them though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...