UKC

Nexus 7 APN Settings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 13 Feb 2015
I'm trying to set up my Nexus 7 for internet using a giffgaff SIM card.

I am going to:

Settings --->
Mobile Networks --->
APN
The following then appears on the screen:

Access Point Name settings are not available for this user

Can anyone help please?
 The Lemming 14 Feb 2015
In reply to FesteringSore:

Unfortunately my nexus is not a sim version so I can't test to help but would the following help ?
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3256561?hl=en

I get around this problem by tethering my nexus to my phone. Maybe you could use this as a workaround till you get the sim to work?
m0unt41n 14 Feb 2015

Reference to this about half way down this article
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/02/12/nexus-7-problems-fixes/

timjones 14 Feb 2015

> I'm trying to set up my Nexus 7 for internet using a giffgaff SIM card.

> I am going to:

> Settings --->

> Mobile Networks --->

> APN

> The following then appears on the screen:

> Access Point Name settings are not available for this user

> Can anyone help please?

You'll need to get the APN settings off your data provider. You should be able to find them on their website.
OP FesteringSore 14 Feb 2015
In reply to timjones:

> You'll need to get the APN settings off your data provider. You should be able to find them on their website.

I know the settings but it won't go far enough to let me put them in.
5tormin' 15 Feb 2015
In reply to FesteringSoreBugs
Problem: SIM card not recognized or no signal

A few people with the LTE version of the Nexus 7 (2013) have run into problems where the SIM card seems to stop working. This is usually accompanied by a “No SIM card” message. Sometimes they get the message “SIM card added” and a prompt to restart. For some people the network just seems to go missing and there’s no service, but they don’t get any message about the SIM card. Bear in mind that SIM cards from U.S. carriers will not necessarily work in European Nexus 7 tablets and vice versa because they may use different channels.

Potential solutions:

Try rebooting the Nexus 7 by holding down the Power button, ignore the prompts and wait for it to restart.
Try pulling down the notification shade and going into Airplane mode and then turn it off again.
Try turning the Nexus 7 off and removing the SIM card, make sure the card and tray are clean and then reinsert it before turning the tablet back on.
Check what your Access Point Name settings should be with your mobile service provider and then go to Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and make sure they’re correct.
If you’re able to use another SIM card then test it in your Nexus 7 just to verify that it’s not a faulty SIM card.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...