UKC

Internet exporer...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon 21 Feb 2015
... has stopped functioning. That's what the pop-up says (and indeed it has stopped). Another one says 'Windows is trying to resolve the problem'. This is Mrs J's computer and when this has happened before Windows has resolved the problem - but not this time. So far she's got as far as 1) swearing at it and 2) turning it off and back on again but to no avail. Any ideas anyone?
 Roadrunner2 21 Feb 2015
In reply to jon:

I stopped using it a long time ago. Why not just download google chrome?
OP jon 21 Feb 2015
In reply to Roadrunner2:

We've got google chrome and it works. Just want to know how to fix IE.
m0unt41n 21 Feb 2015
In reply to jon:

Interesting, Internet Explorer 11 on my PC Windows 8.1 stopped and kept crashing this afternoon. Never had this before. Every time I ran it it crashed. Rebooted PC, rebooted modem, but iPad OK (waiting for the chorus to that one)

Installed Google Chrome and that works OK

Now Internet Explorer back as if nothing happened.

Done full Virus search and Malware both OK

Don't know - roll on Windows 10+

pneame 21 Feb 2015
In reply to jon:

I'd echo using Chrome.
The usual windows solution is as you suggest. Followed by a reinstall of the OS. Or rollback using the recovery partition
And, as you know, I use a Mac and we are not immune to this stuff (anymore). I just rolled my home computer back to it's state last October in an effort to restore it to a usable state.
Firefox is also good, and better than IE, IMHO
 ThunderCat 21 Feb 2015
In reply to jon:

Odd co-incidence maybe, but about three weeks ago we had a global e-mail from our IT department telling us that we may experience just that kind of behaviour with Internet Explorer, and that they were working on a fix for it

It happened to me a couple of times, but the fix seems to have gone in

(Don't have a choice at work unfortunately as a couple of our system only run on IE)

Tinfoil hat time?
KevinD 21 Feb 2015
snoopdawg 21 Feb 2015
In reply to jon:

I,ve had the same problem all day long, however have just checked and it seems to be back now
snoopdawg 21 Feb 2015
In reply to jon:

Interesting comparing IE and google chrome as I was on UKH on both and IE seems to be about 10 minutes behind
OP jon 21 Feb 2015

Well it's back now. Very similar to other's stories - coincidence?

Norton anti virus - yes, but we've both got it and mine was unaffected.

In the mean time madame has become quite attached to Chrome...!

Thanks everyone.

KevinD 21 Feb 2015
In reply to jon:

> Norton anti virus - yes, but we've both got it and mine was unaffected.

That would be the cause then. If you can check the history of the updates bet your update cycle doesnt match hers and so either skipped the faulty one or got the corrected version before you noticed.
OP jon 21 Feb 2015
In reply to dissonance:

Yes, it does rather look like that. Thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...