UKC

Conditions - Coire an t'Sneachda

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr E 24 Feb 2015

Was up in Coire an t'Sneachda today - the road up to the ski resort was closed all day. Epic walk in from the bottom, the wind was howling all day too, often blowing back up the face of the crag, very unpleasant, some deep snow on approach, but some nice ice in places on the crag, though a little brittle at times, there is a fair but of rock showing but a lot of the cracks etc are iced up.
Post edited at 16:22
 Greylag 24 Feb 2015
In reply to Mr Christian:

Did you manage to get up any routes and which if you did?

I'm arriving tomorrow It looks like everywhere is experiencing the same conditions.
 planetmarshall 24 Feb 2015

Useful, thanks. Cairngorm Mountain are expecting to open the ski road tomorrow, but should have an update at 7am if that's the case. Latest SAIS forecast slightly less death-on-stick like than yesterday's.

Andrew.
OP Mr E 24 Feb 2015
In reply to greylag:
Did Aladdins mirror direct which was in good condition, and Yes I've heard the ski centre May well be Open tomorrow, the road was completely clear of snow on the way down due to ploughing and melting.

Also many thanks to the lovely chap that gave us a lift half way down the road.

It's now snowing steadily here in Aviemore
Post edited at 17:45
 Frazer 24 Feb 2015

also we climbed Honeypot today. virtually no ice or neve in cracks or otherwise. fair bit of useless powder but it's a hook fest
 Greylag 24 Feb 2015
In reply to Frazer:

thanks for the heads up..you can read blogs and forecasts all day long so thank you.
 planetmarshall 25 Feb 2015

Lots of people in the Coire today taking advantage of a break in the weather. We headed to Mess of Pottage but didn't climb anything. Looked briefly at Honeypot but it was on the wrong side of 'marginal' for me.

Aladdin's Mirror Direct looked good.
OP Mr E 25 Feb 2015

Was up there again today, weather was much better & the road open, planned to do Patey's route but it was backed up with at least 2 teams so went for Doctors choice which turned out not to be in condition - backed off after the first pitch.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...