UKC

BMC insurance - UK Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 28 Feb 2015
Fast answers please!

Does the BMC Insurance cover me for UK Climbing in general? I'm moving to London so any weekend climbing is now going to be a trip in reality.

Their website states: "Yes, provided you spend at least one night in accommodation you booked before your departure, or if the sole purpose of the trip is to take part in a sport or leisure activity for which you have bought cover. "

I would generally camp or stay at a friends. Just trying to decide whether to go for single trip or annual cover today...

Thanks,

James
In reply to James Malloch:

The main reason for travel insurance is to cover you for any medical attention you might need which can cost 1000s but if you are a british national, medical treatment is free as is rescue so there's no need for travel insurance in that respect. Being a BMC member automatically covers you for 3rd party liability for say if you drop a rock on someone's head and they decide to sue you. As for possessions, these are usually covered under most house contents insurance.
OP James Malloch 28 Feb 2015
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Ah that's a good point that I'd neglected - thanks!

I'll stick with single trip for now then and have a look at it in more detail when I get back and probably go for an annal one next time.
In reply to James Malloch:

are you buying insurance for a trip abroad?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...