UKC

Entry Level Camera

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ford23 03 Mar 2015
Hello
I am looking to buy a DSLR Camera, Price range of 300-450 really. Have had a look at Panasonic Range G6 and at the Cannon 1200D. Any recomendations for a good entry level camera for traveling, expeditions and general use?
Can anyone also recommend where to look for a good deal on any cameras?
Many thanks
 tehmarks 03 Mar 2015
In reply to ford23:

More important than the camera body itself, in my opinion, is the range and quality of glass available. Once you've bought a camera from one manufacturer and have a collection of lenses, you're stuck with that manufacturer unless you replace your lenses. Also the same with crop sensor vs full frame - some lenses are designed specifically for crop sensors and won't fill the sensor on a full frame camera. With Canon you can't even mount an EF-S lens on a full frame body, whereas at least with Nikon you can mount the lens, and the camera will detect that it's a DX lens and crop accordingly. Something to consider if you see this as the beginning of an ongoing interest in photography.

I have a Nikon D3200 (now superseded by the D3300, and thus can be found very cheap), and am very happy with it.
 Dark-Cloud 03 Mar 2015
In reply to ford23:

Yes, my Nikon D40 with 18-55 kit lens and 55-200 VR lens, perfect first DSLR, lighter than most, PM me for a deal !!
 Skyfall 03 Mar 2015
In reply to ford23:

V recent thread on same subject

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=610243

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...