UKC

Toubkal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rodw 12 Mar 2015
Have the opportunity to climb Mount Toubkal as a winter climb in late April is it to late or will there be sufficient snow to make it a realistic winter climb. Has anyone any experience to share please
Rod
 victorclimber 12 Mar 2015
In reply to rodw:

its just a plod really would think late April would be still a lot of snow ,but wouldn't call it a Winter Climb
OP rodw 13 Mar 2015
In reply to victorclimber:

Thanks
 ROB W 13 Mar 2015
In reply to rodw:

Just got back from 2 and half week trip out there,working,there is lots of snow some of the best ski touring/mountaineering conditions in years, snow line to about 300 meters above Sidi Charramouche, mules so far,then porters,snow all the way to the summit of Toubkal. I would tentativley suggest given the amount of snow that is there at the moment,then you should have snow when you go in April. Just keep an eye on the forecast and see whats happening out there,and yes the normal route is a walk ,poles and axe,however there are other routes to the summit that may offer you more of a challenge if required.
check out pic's on alpinerob.com

have a great time
OP rodw 13 Mar 2015
In reply to ROB W:
Thanks for your info
Removed User 20 Mar 2015
In reply to rodw:

Hello,

I live locally in Imlil and run a mountaineering company. I was at the refuge yesterday to check out the conditions. I posted a Toubkal Winter Conditions update last night at:

http://www.the-mountain-people.com/blog/toubkal-winter-conditions-9-march-2...

There most likely will be snow through April!

All the best,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...