UKC

Winter ML assessment. Closure - blog therapy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 18 Mar 2015
When I was preparing for my Winter ML Assessment, I found it super useful to read accounts of other candidates experiences. Hopefully my own account will be just as useful.

If not, it's been great counselling for me as an opportunity to get a week of mental and physical suffering out of my head!

http://lakelandascents.co.uk/2015/03/winter-ml-assessment/

Time to get on with my life!
 jezb1 18 Mar 2015
In reply to Si Withington:

Good read Si
Trying to get psyched for assessment but really struggling but will want to do MIC at one point...
 Neil Pratt 18 Mar 2015

Good read - congratulations on the pass. After my assessment, I went out and bought myself an axe with an unfashionably long 65cm shaft. Wish I'd had it during the week, as it makes cutting steps so much easier, especially on the back.

The other bit of kit I found really valuable during the week was my Voile shovel with a proper D handle - much less toilsome moving large volumes of snow, and it's really not that heavier than a T.

Thanks for posting/sharing your pain, interesting read. Wish I'd actually got round to the assessment years ago now..... Sounds fairly tough as expected! Well done, don't think I'm ready to face it just yet....
OP Si Withington 18 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Totally hear you Jez! It took a lot of psyche, but it's nice to know there are no more plodding awards!
 Paul at work 18 Mar 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Jez, I see you have been getting psyched for assessment by going climbing on Gogarth and Tremadog!
 jezb1 18 Mar 2015
In reply to Paul at work:
Summery here in Wales and not much time to make the most of the dry rock before I'm off abroad, so got to make the most of it!
Post edited at 21:01

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...