UKC

Northern corries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nicjbuk 24 Mar 2015
Has anyone been in recently? Wondering what's left as heading there tomorrow but not much activity logged. Any info appreciated cheers.
Graeme G 24 Mar 2015
In reply to nicjbuk:

Saw them from Loch Morlich on Saturday. There's not a lot of snow left in the east but possibly given the hard freeze what's left in the corries might make for a good day.
OP nicjbuk 24 Mar 2015
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:
Ok thanks.
 Niall13 24 Mar 2015
In reply to nicjbuk:

Im thinking of heading up there tomorrow ill post what i find when i get a chance
OP nicjbuk 26 Mar 2015
In reply to Niall13:
For those wondering, sneachda was under a blanket of fresh powder snow yesterday and we climbed mirror direct. There is good ice still on the route. Our friends did the runnel and red gully. The underlying old snow is good and the 4-6 inches of powder did not cause any problems but with the winds picking up it was building slab in a few spots so take care. Plenty of climbing left up there though.
 george mc 26 Mar 2015
In reply to nicjbuk:

Pretty serious looking avo hazard picture now.

http://www.sais.gov.uk/northern-cairngorms/
 DaveHK 26 Mar 2015
In reply to george mc:
I was up last night after work and there were some significant accumulations of very unstable windslab. Looking very wintery though.
Post edited at 11:40
 Ron Walker 26 Mar 2015
In reply to nicjbuk:

Quite a bit of fresh snow on top of old hard icy snow on the existing complete easy to mid grade routes which slides off really easily! Most of the easy gullies are really good, if frozen, as are one or two of the classic icier routes. Hard to judge whats good unless you know the previous conditions before the fresh snow, but generally the mixed routes are in summer nick but covered in fresh snow!!!.

Hope this helps

Cheers Ron

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...