UKC

c4 Cameron v Miliband q&a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 26 Mar 2015
So who do we think is wining?

At the moment I think its Jeremy P

Interesting to see how balanced this is going to be with jp's awkward questions?
OP balmybaldwin 26 Mar 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

No one else watching?

Millipeed is flunking his interview with JP
paulcarey 26 Mar 2015
interesting that cameron did better in the paxman interview than the Q&A with the public whilst with milliband it was vice versa.
Paxman's questions of Ed seemed more personal and unnecessary. i would rather hear more on policy.

The worst bit was the mikes still being on as Paxman asked Miliband 'You OK? and he was v huffy in response. Not good.

Overall Cameron 0, Millband 0, Paxman 1.
Post edited at 22:59
 Jon Stewart 26 Mar 2015
In reply to paulcarey:
> interesting that cameron did better in the paxman interview than the Q&A with the public whilst with milliband it was vice versa.

I forgot it was on and turned on at the start of Ed's bit. When he started talking it was very difficult to resist the urge to switch it off, but I persevered and thought he actually did OK and I didn't completely disagree with much he said. Very few of his answers were weasel-worded guff IMO, the level of integrity surprised me; but it's relatively easy to come across that way when you can apologise for Labour's past mistakes (honesty points!) and appear broad-shouldered in the face of personal insults. I kind of intend to force myself to watch a bit of DC, since it seems only fair.

> Paxman's questions of Ed seemed more personal and unnecessary. i would rather more on policy.

JP was irritating. There were chunks of arguing about what the question was, which I am really not interested in.

> The worst bit was the mikes still being on as Paxamns asked Miliband 'You OK? and he was v huffy in response. Not good.

Agree, horrible!
Post edited at 22:43
OP balmybaldwin 26 Mar 2015
Whilst I dont like his interupting style, I thought jp was good a pressing his questions, and not letting either of them answer a different question they prefered, which miliband seemed to do more. He certainly came over as more weasely in the interview stage, though he did well with the townhall q&a bit. He did look a bit like a marrionette whith all the weird hand gestures when he was wandering around the stage though. He should try to sit down more.
Post edited at 22:47
Removed User 27 Mar 2015

Despite Paxman wanting to be the star of of the show I thought Milliband did well. Cameron isn't having a good week. He flunked PMQs and the Speaker debarcle shown his nasty and bullying self for what it is. Paxmans personel quesioning of Millibands strength of character wasn't needed but I can't help but his Thatcher like act of self defence; go after the inquisitor. Nice one. Lets hope more of the opposition come out fighting this time.

As for this debat changing anyone's voting intensions................................................
 BnB 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

Well it's clearly not changing yours since your analysis flies in the face of even the usually left wing BBC which declared on Wednesday that Cameron trounced Milliband at PMQ and awards him victory in the Q & A this morning.
Removed User 27 Mar 2015
In reply to BnB:

Did you actually see or hear listen to either or do you defer to others opions?
 Jon Stewart 27 Mar 2015
In reply to BnB:

the analysis i heard was that the public preferred Cameron's performance, but he was worse than expectations; other way round for the millipede.
In reply to Jon Stewart:

So Milliband was better than expectations but public liked him less than DC....oooff, bad day at the office

(I didn't see any of it so can't comment my own opinion)
 BnB 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

Surely the BBC's opinion is an agglomeration of many, whereas mine is a single biased voice? I could have ventured the same opinion since it is clear to me that Cameron is the better statesman but that would surely carry less weight coming from one (unreliable)witness.
Removed User 27 Mar 2015
In reply to BnB:

Nice Blairite answer.
 climbwhenready 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Yeah, I didn't see it either. But the analysis seems to be that expectations were incredibly low for Miliband, and he exceeded them, and expectations were high for Cameron, and he didn't meet them. But that overall Cameron outperformed Miliband.
 Mike Stretford 27 Mar 2015
In reply to climbwhenready: Yeah I'd agree with that, Milliband was better than I expected. I'm curious as to how this will turn out, hung parliament and all that.
 Hat Dude 27 Mar 2015

> So who do we think is wining?

You missed the "h" out and the answer was all of them
In reply to Mike Stretford:

I'm waiting for the definitive interview and debate that will get to the nub of the issues before making my choice

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3014343/Joey-Essex-set-grill-m...
 Skyfall 27 Mar 2015

Well, unlike some commenting here, I did see all of it. I thought Cameron was better by some margin - better presentation and he also came across as more honest; most of the time answering the question asked and also admitting failure on a couple of occasions. He was pretty much as expected. Milliband was also about as I thought he would be to be honest; awkward style (physically and verbally) making it uncomfortable viewing, was clearly trying to evade some questions, I didn't actually think he dealt the question about his brother v well, his continued references to his party card came across as rather backward looking, and his "strength of character" started to come across as midly aggressive towards the end. I actually want to like Ed because I feel a bit sorry for him but I don't like his policies, his retrograde approach and he doesn't look or act like a PM in waiting. Neither of them made any great cock ups, both of them were pretty much as I expected and, if anything, it reinforced my views on them. I was, however, a little amazed that Cameron got grilled on zero hours contracts and not on the NHS or defence.
 seankenny 27 Mar 2015

I only saw the Milliband i/v and his townhall bit. However it did leave me feeling that if Paxman is what counts for top-notch grilling, then the 4th estate is part of the problem of trust in politics.
 The New NickB 27 Mar 2015
In reply to seankenny:

> I only saw the Milliband i/v and his townhall bit. However it did leave me feeling that if Paxman is what counts for top-notch grilling, then the 4th estate is part of the problem of trust in politics.

I only saw a short section of Paxman asking Miliband about immigration, I thought Paxman was doing the viewer a great disservice. He wasn't making Miliband answer the question, he was stopping him from answering the question.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...